Can't boot to recovery.....

tnronin

Reaction score
This all started with SeePU. It bogged my D1 down so I got rid of it. Now I'm getting all kinds of redraws with my ADW EX, FC left and right. When I attempt to fix permissions it takes FOREVER. I attempted to boot to recovery so I could clear my caches and I now can't get to recovery. I did the usual flashing back and forth between recoveries, that takes forever as well. I can't get to recovery via the X restart method either. I had planned on at least reflashing my last known back up, can't do that either.

Some help in layman's terms would be appreciated. I am currently teaching w/o a planning period so if I don't see something shortly I can't get back on until the tomorrow evening (unless its sporadic). TIA.

Last edited:

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you on a Droid X?

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What recovery were you on when you made your last working backup?

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
What recovery were you on when you made your last working backup?

I'm using clockwork mod. I've only flashed back and forth in clockwork mod. I thought about rerooting. I did it with super one click. I still have it installed since doing my daughter's D1 last w/e.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your issue was rooting a D1 with a one click process, you need to always use Moto's thread to root a D1 or you will lose your custom recovery every time you reboot.

Glad your up and running again.