Can't boot past the Motorola M. HELP please!

Reaction score
I rooted a few days ago using soup or root 2.06, and today tried loading a room with clockwork. I can still get to bootloaded everything checks out there. I can also still get into recovery but my backup is gone. What should I try next? any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I have also recently tried re installing the update.zip onto sd and its still going on as update.zip.zip

This is def. a learning experience.

I am running out of options, anyone know where i can find files that originally came on the SD somehow they have been completely wiped. Is there a way to fix this or is it a lost cause?

Last edited:

Tyrone30

Reaction score
Can't boot past the Motorola M

I rooted my Droid using Soup or Root. I have superuser privileges but I cant boot into a different ROM. Every time I download a ROM it will get stuck at the M boot screen. Can anybody shed some light on my situation. The whole point of rooting is to be able to change ROMs and I cant. HELP!!!

Tyrone30

Reaction score
Are you saying I need to rename the rom I downloaded to update.zip and this should solve my M loop prblem?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Tyrone30

Reaction score
Renaming the downloaded file name did not fix the problem. I'm still stuck at the M bootloading screen. Are there any other suggestions?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You said you were using clockwork recovery. You don't need to rename ROMs with clockwork. Just leave them as is. You may have had a bad download. Try a different ROM. Also, are you wiping data and cache before installing?

Sent from somewhere...

Tyrone30

Reaction score
I have tried different ROMs and the results are the same. I did not have this issue before I upgraded to FRG22D 2.2. Yes, I have been wiping data & cache.

Tyrone30

Reaction score
Im using RM

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just checking do you have the premium version of RM?

When you download a rom are you using wifi? If not, can you?

Do the downloads appear to complete?

Tyrone30

Reaction score
I do have the premium version. I always use wifi and the downloads are complete. Before upgrading to 2.2 I did not have this issue. I was using Easy Root to root my droid. After the upgrade I could not use Easy Root and I started using Soup & Root. Since then I've been having this problem.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Tyrone30

Reaction score
I believe my issue has been resolved. After rerooting my droid I was able to install Bugless Beast ROM when I could not before. Thank you very much for your help.