Can't boot into recovery

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Calla969, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Calla969

Calla969 New Member

I need some help. I have the newest Froyo installed and it seems to be running fine, but I can't boot into recovery any more. I have tried using ROM Manager to boot into recovery and also holding the X key while powering up. I have tried Clockwork and SPRecovery. I get to the M logo and it stalls for a while, goes black and then boots normally. Any ideas?
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Try flashing clockworkmod 1.8.1.3, first option in the older recovery versions in RM.
  3. crownroyal

crownroyal New Member

Also, in ROM Mgr, flash to latest SPR, then back to lastest CW..this fixed for me
  4. Calla969

Calla969 New Member

I tried flashing back and forth. I finally got CM to work. No luck with SPR though. But that's OK. Thanks for the help.
  5. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

How many times did you flash back an forth? Does anyone know the solution to this?
  6. stormshadow1

stormshadow1 New Member

I am attempting to install CM6 and had to do it two times. It is backing up as we speak. I want the new Indigo Theme so I went for CM6. We shall see what happens.
  7. iwearhats

iwearhats New Member

I had the same problem. I lost my droid for a month and had just updated to Froyo and the newest Kangerade at the time. After finding my phone I got on here to find (and update to) the latest version of Kangerade, only to find out I couldn't boot into recovery. I switched between SPR and CW in ROM Manager and now I can boot into either
  8. HorseTrailRider

HorseTrailRider New Member

Had the same problem, even thou ROM Manager showed latest CW was installed - Phone would just hang on "M", then go blank for a moment and then reboot normally.

By flashing SPR, then flashing CW again, ROM Manager goes into CW correctly now :wacko:

Although, I still have the same problem with CW that I had with SPR with the SD card not mounting correctly (or should I say, "at all") and I normally then have to reboot into recovery several times before it will finally mount...
  9. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Unfortunately, this seems to be a reoccurring issue with RM. I purchase RM so that I could assist other but I keep the alternate recovery, SPRecovery, installed.

Mike