Can't boot into recovery! Please help me!

stonephoenix

Reaction score
I can't boot into clockworkmod recovery using ROM manager or by holding down "x" while powering on the phone. Choosing "reboot into recovery" doesn't work either. The problem first showed with UD 1.0.0. Today I decided to try and fix it. I had to restore an old backup and then was able to get into recovery. I installed UD 2.3.0 and everything was cool at first. I booted into recovery several times while setting everything up. But I just tried to go back in so I can backup the entire ROM and now, once again, I can't get into recovery.

I've never had this issue before and I've been rooted since purchasing the phone in February. I haven't made any changes to the system using terminal or anything like that. I've changed my ROM well over a dozen times and I'm completely stumped.

Can anyone help me? :icon_eek:

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

MrBodybagFiller

Reaction score
Have you tried reflashing clockwork recover I have had it geek up before after flashing a rom but that was with an older verson.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

stonephoenix

Reaction score
I did try flashing both older and more current recoveries

Thank you for posting to my problem. Yes, I tried flashing other clockworkmod recoveries--only one of which will work, all the rest I get an error message--and I tried flashing SP recovery and then back. Nothing works. I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the ROM. If it's one thing I've learned reading about ROMs and the issues people have, is that some problems are only experienced by a small percentage of people who are using the same ROM.

I can't get over how it worked after I installed the latest UD ROM yesterday and then went back to the same issue. Maybe when I ran the "fix permissions" in the UD extras? And when I flashed to SP recovery, I was able to boot into recovery manually using "x" while powering on. But after flashing back to clockwork, nothing.

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's not the rom. It's clockwork. Reflash clockwork over and over until you get the notification of a successful install within a few seconds (3-5). Once that happens Cw will work.

Once in cw, if it reboots just press and hold the x and it will reboot back into cw and it will work perfectly from then on.

Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

stonephoenix

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. I'm trying it now...:lifting:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
This happened to me in the past and I did the above and it worked...but if u get stuck on m logo you may have to take battery out...hold power and x then put battery in while still holding power and x.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

stonephoenix

Reaction score
Thank you rescue squad. You've saved the day again!

dancedroid

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

BayouFlyFisher you are awesome and so is the rescue squad. It took a lot of flashing, but it finally worked just as you said once the time went down to 5 seconds.

Have a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year. :icon_ banana:

chrisfjr83

Reaction score
I have been trying all of the above steps and none of it is working for me....Is there anything else that I could possible do? Just so that I am sure as to what you are talk about the X button that is the volume buttons on the side of the phone and how are you able to flash the clockword if you can not get pass the Motoral logo and then the android logo?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have been trying all of the above steps and none of it is working for me....Is there anything else that I could possible do? Just so that I am sure as to what you are talk about the X button that is the volume buttons on the side of the phone and how are you able to flash the clockword if you can not get pass the Motoral logo and then the android logo?

What phone do you have?

chrisfjr83

Reaction score

What phone do you have?

Motorola Droid X w/ fission vanilla rom

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All the stuff here relates to the Motorola Droid - not your phone. Take a look at the X forums. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk