Can't boot into Recovery Mode

sizdub

Reaction score
hey it's my first post here. This community is really helpful and I hope someone here can help me out with my issue. I updated my droid to 2.0.1 a couple of months ago. After downloading the sholoesupdater. I tried to reboot into recovery mode but it freezes on the moto logo. I tried taking the battery out and reboot but still does the same thing. The phone works fine.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey it's my first post here. This community is really helpful and I hope someone here can help me out with my issue. I updated my droid to 2.0.1 a couple of months ago. After downloading the sholoesupdater. I tried to reboot into recovery mode but it freezes on the moto logo. I tried taking the battery out and reboot but still does the same thing. The phone works fine.

OK, so you held the X key and booted. Then did you press camera button and volume button? Just keep pressing the camera button and the volume button. It takes a bit for it to take hold. And welcome to the forum.

Daywalker

Reaction score
As I found out after 4 hours....phone cant be in silent mode

OP
S

sizdub

Reaction score
yea, I did the power on and x button, and it just stays on the moto logo. I know how to do it because I got my girlfriend to get a driod too and I tried it on hers and her phone boots into recovery just fine.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yea, I did the power on and x button, and it just stays on the moto logo. I know how to do it because I got my girlfriend to get a driod too and I tried it on hers and her phone boots into recovery just fine.

Smart man, used the girlfriends Droid first.:)

Outside of just making sure you hold on to the volume and camera button for a long enough time I don't have an answer. Hopefully someone else will.

OP
S

sizdub

Reaction score
if i do a power on with the volume and camera button it boots into a bootloader screen
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable