1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't Boot In Recovery after switching to .6.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by southpaw404, Dec 23, 2010.

1. southpaw404

southpaw404 New Member

hello all,

I just switched from cyanogen to the new bb and when trying to install a new kernel in recovery my droid doesn't seem to want to boot in recovery. I've tried choosing reboot in recovery in ROM manager and manually, but it won't boot in recovery.

any suggestions, so i can install a new kernel?

thanks!
  2. justatest

justatest New Member

change to SPrecovery & try.
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Go into Rom Manager and reflash Clockwork Recovery over and over until you get the notification of successful install within 3-5 seconds of pushing the CDMA button. Once you are getting it quickly, your phone will then boot into recovery.

While in Clockwork Recovery, if the phone spontaneously reboots, immediately press and hold the X key until the phone gets back into Clockwork. It will then work fine and not reboot while in that session.

Good luck.
  4. RafficaX

RafficaX Premium Member Premium Member Developer

do you have erase recovery selected in rom manager options? i had this issue with that option selected. had to install like 3 times through rom manager to reboot recovery correctly.
  5. southpaw404

southpaw404 New Member

this worked! thanks for the help everyone! dancedroid