1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cant Block 2.1 Help!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Blackdroid, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Blackdroid

Blackdroid New Member

Hey people, I currently have my Robot Rooted and I love it but I have a problem. My phone keeps trying to ask me to install the official OTA 2.1 update which I definitely dont want. I thought that the custom Roms block OTA updates? is there anything I can do? thanks.
    P.S.- Im running the last version of sholes before they changed to droid mod
    -Also people eager for the update that still havent gotten it. I live in Michigan an got it early this morning If that helps...
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Try removing the update zip file from your SD card. Someone said that works.
  3. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

4. christim

christim Super Moderator

5. gavron

gavron New Member

Not again...

1. make sure you have SPRecovery 0.99.3b installed
    2. make sure otacerts.zip is untouched and just fine. download from this forum if you don't have it. make sure it has the right protections/ownership.
    3. let the update occur
    4. when it asks to reboot to complete, LET IT
    5. you will be rebooted to SPrecovery WHICH BLOCKS THE UPGRADE. DON'T UPGRADE. Just make sure the menu is on "reboot" and press the camera button.

you will reboot. Your system will think you updated. It will not prompt you again.

E