Can't answer the phone when charging. Anyone else?

curvefree

Reaction score
I poked around and found similar issues but nothing exactly like what I have going on. My home/usb charger is the one that came with the phone and the car charger is the one I bought from VZW for the Droid. Whether plugged in to my pc, the wall or the car charger, when my phone rings the touchscreen works and I can swipe to accept the call. But I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me. They tell me that they know I answer because the phone stops ringing but they can't hear me.

It's the weirdest thing because I can text, email, browse the web, everything but accept a call. I can even make a call.

This is exceptionally annoying when I am in the car and have killed or weakened my battery using the nav. I plug it in, a client calls and I try to answer but am unable.

Any ideas? Am I the only one?

Benton

Reaction score
I have had the Droid since last November and never experienced this. Sounds like an issue worthy of an exchange to me to.

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
Seen it.

I have this issue when its one of the cheaper chargers. But if its the charger that came with the phone or one that is compairable to it. I am not sure really why its like that but it does get annoying if i dont have a good charger around.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Sounds like an issue specific to your phone. I can answer mine plugged into the wall, car charger, USB, and even while USB tethering