Can't answer ringing phone. Freezes.........

atall64

Reaction score
It happens about every 10 phone calls. I have a droid x updated but not rooted. I get a phone call and hit answer and nothing happens. Phone locks up and I have to hit button on top to put it to sleep and it drops the call. Also freezes\locks up when I just go swipe the unlock. That happens a lot and is very annoying. Any ideas?

Nonprofittech

Reaction score
Happens to me too. Very problematic as I miss business calls.

This is my second droid x, returned first one for a different problem.

A little fed up, considering different phone. Have you tried a factory reset? That is my last option.

Ckerch

Reaction score
I have the similar problem were every once in a while when the phone is in sleep mode and I get a call I can not answer it until the ring ends. After that I can retreive my voicemail and use the phone normally.

Quite an annoyance

termite

Reaction score
That's what you get

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ropeke

Reaction score
need help too with voicemail

i'm a newbie and my drx wont let me answer the ringing phone. instead of an answer tab, which i have also seen, it seems that more often than not the tab is a going to voicemail icon.
any fixes or advice for this problem?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Care to explain what you mean?

How often are you all rebooting your phones?

That's what you get

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!!

ropeke

Reaction score
solution by ?!

i found the soln when the phone started ringing-- i pulled it out-- saw the voicemail icon instead of answer-- in desparation started moving over the icon-- delightfully found out that a slide of the icon to the right got it to answer-- had nice conversation with my daughter.

tangtang

Reaction score
My Droid X want answer a call! Can any body suggest something?

csimo

Reaction score
On maybe 1 out of 10 incoming calls I have a similar problem. The phone is ringing and I try and unlock the slider but it either won't unlock or gets stuck half way across and I end up missing the call.

It's very frustrating... especially when the calling number is unknown to me (not sure if I want to call them back or not).

rcvs

Reaction score
After many soft resets, I realized that the problem occurs after you install the new Google Maps from google site.