Can't afford service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kparks

Reaction score
The first bill is always huge I think u pay a month in advance or something.. I got a family plan insurance on all 3 lines unlimited text and data and 2000 min I think and its around 83 bucks a person

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Trash Can

Reaction score
I want to sit down with them and do a polite analysis. See if they can work with me on this. I know I usually get contacted afterwards to see if
I'm satisfied. I'd better be.

Call VZW's Loyalty Dept directly at 877.628.8922. They are a lot more reasonable to deal with on most issues and might be able to offer you a discount that your regular customer service rep cannot.

robert70

Reaction score
Ok,,,, YOU DO NOT HA E TO ADD ANOTHER LINE, ALL YOU HA E TO DO IS SWIT H BACK TO A BASIC PHONE AND ADJUST YOUR PLAN ANYONE AT A VZW STORE CAN HELP YOU DO THIS, YOU CAN ALSO DI IT ONLINE BUT I WOULD SUGGEST GOING TO THE STORE. Sorry for yelling but all the chatter that wasn't entirely correct was killing me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Ok,,,, YOU DO NOT HA E TO ADD ANOTHER LINE, ALL YOU HA E TO DO IS SWIT H BACK TO A BASIC PHONE AND ADJUST YOUR PLAN ANYONE AT A VZW STORE CAN HELP YOU DO THIS, YOU CAN ALSO DI IT ONLINE BUT I WOULD SUGGEST GOING TO THE STORE. Sorry for yelling but all the chatter that wasn't entirely correct was killing me.

Really? They'll take the razr back and give me a refund for the phone and unused data? C'mon that sounds too easy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bigkhan

Reaction score
No they wont take the phone back, unless your still in the first couple weeks. But they will switch your line back to your old phone. The contract is on the line not the phone. After your first bill, you should only have been $30/month higher than you were previously. If its more than that either you added more to your line that just having a smart phone requires, or theres an error on your bill. Also if your employer is set up for employee discount pricing, you being "blue collar" has nothing to do with eligibility. Most companies with over 100 employees are set up with one of the carriers. Just ask.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Would VZ have that discount info? My union rep knows nothing about it.

bigkhan

Reaction score
Yes verizon will be able to help you. Or some one in HR at your company.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Wife and I fired up 24" screen desktop and checked over bill on My Verizon. Looks like $32 in charges will be off next month. So monthly bill will be sitting around $128. Will check into company discounts. Maybe there is a discount on phone as well. If that's the case maybe I can claim that even after purchase. Understand things a little better now. Still don't think they should have upped the plan cost $10 and charged each line $15 just due to a billing name change. I'll argue that one.

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Reaction score

this post is the only one that is incorrect. When you upgrade a line to a smartphone and get the discounted price of the phone, it is based on the fact that a data package is required on that line and you will be paying for data for two years. If you all of a sudden put a basic phone back on that line and drop the data plan, you aster not honoring the contract and you can be subject to fees so they can recover the lost revenue from selling the phone at a discount.

While it is true that you typically won't get charged if you downgrade back to an old phone, it is not a guarantee. Verizon has every right to charge a fee based on you not keeping the data package.

The advice of transferring the phone to someone else and adding a new line was not incorrect but is infact the only way to absolutely guarantee there will be no fees. All other advice may offer possibilities but no guarantees.

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I'm retired military. Should get something. Hey maybe VZ owes me quite a bit of money retroactive?

You may get a discount for being retired military (thank you for your service, by the way), but Verizon will not retroactive the discount.

Reaction score
this post is the only one that is incorrect. When you upgrade a line to a smartphone and get the discounted price of the phone, it is based on the fact that a data package is required on that line and you will be paying for data for two years. If you all of a sudden put a basic phone back on that line and drop the data plan, you aster not honoring the contract and you can be subject to fees so they can recover the lost revenue from selling the phone at a discount.

While it is true that you typically won't get charged if you downgrade back to an old phone, it is not a guarantee. Verizon has every right to charge a fee based on you not keeping the data package.

The advice of transferring the phone to someone else and adding a new line was not incorrect but is infact the only way to absolutely guarantee there will be no fees. All other advice may offer possibilities but no guarantees.

Not entirely the truth... I have had two lines in my name for quite some years. I use them so I have the option of an upgrade once per year. Whenever I upgrade my secondary line, I have always kept an old feature phone around to activate on that line. 6yrs of doing this and no charges. Whenever I go to Verizon, they even suggest I do this because, as stated before, the contract is on the line, not the phone. UNLESS you buy from a third party company ie Amazon Wireless, this should still be true. However, third party places often have their own cancellation procedures. Amazon charges $250 to anyone who buys a phone from them on contract and either cancels their contract or switches to a feature phone like I explained (smartphones).

So, if you don't want to go through Verizons crap, switch to your old phones and simply keep your smartphones as your MP3 player/Tablet (make sure to disable all radios to keep awesome battery life tho)...

Sent from my red cased, red Beats logo stamped, red button lit REZOUND with $100 of FREE Monster Beats Audio connected by premium red Monster cabling in all its glory via the fantabulous Droid Forums Mobile App utilizing the premium 3G/4G data signal over the airwaves of the black and red network otherwise known as Verizon

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Phil at my local VZ store set me up with a 15% vets discount for my overall monthly bill. Same as my company has. Not 22% like another poster reported for federal employee. Also I could not get a credit for the $15 charged each line for the name change. Had I done so in the store rather than over the phone I would have saved that $30 according to store rep.

ahub

Reaction score
Many times in life we goof

:mad: as we grow sometimes do things in haste! keeping up with the Jones is one of them. the suggestion about E Bay is a good one. Also try "CRAIGSLIST.NET" this has been a good spot for me to both buy and sell . good luck, God Bless Youdancedroid

Status
Not open for further replies.