Can't add another google mail acct on droid x????

huskyla27

Reaction score
I had three google mail accounts when I set up my droid x. I deleted one because I was having issues and am not trying to reinstall it, but every time I go to add account and put in my acct name and password i get this error

"Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. The could be temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data service....

I've tried through wifi and through verizon 3g and nothing.

Any fixes??? I've been searching the forums and online and have found nothing over the past couple days

akroschel

Reaction score
RE:

I'm having the same problem. I have tried credentials from three different accounts I have and none of them are working. It's telling me that it cannot establish a connection with the server.

This is obviously a bogus error but I can't for the life of me figure out what's really going on. I've been researching the problem and the common suggestion is to factory reset the phone. I'd rather not do that because I don't want to have to completely retweak my phone. I may have only had it for a week, but I'm really digging the layout I have on it.

Any suggestions?

Wolfscreek

Reaction score
Trouble with google email "sign in"

I also have had exactly the same issue. I have 3 G-mail/google email ccounts, and during a Tech support call, I agreed to delete one of the accounts to rid the DroidX of duplicate and triplicate email reception.

Later, I tried to re-sign in to add my google gmail email account, and received the same "cant establish a reliable connection...". Another 40 minutes with tech support: tried shutting off wi-fi, good 3G reception in Phoenix, Az, and easy success with email establised with "messaging non-google account, also ended with suggestion of "factory reboot"!

I have had my Droid X for only a week (also) and don't want to start over either with the great set up.

Help... Sounds like a potential Google Server issue.

Wolfscreek

Reaction score
Factory Reset... Google Gmail "Sign In" trouble

Thanks Hook, for reply (I think...).

How much of my set up and stuff can be "backed up" and restored, or am I looking at a total makeover? Apps? Settings?

Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hook, for reply (I think...).

How much of my set up and stuff can be "backed up" and restored, or am I looking at a total makeover? Apps? Settings?

Thanks.

I've done it and how painless it is depends. Once when I did it ALL my apps were in my download folder. Once only my paid apps were there. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

Contacts are restored when you log into Google, as is your calendar, etc.

For some it's a huge pia, for others like me it wasn't a big deal. I just went and got my unpaid apps back from the Market on an "as needed" basis.

Wolfscreek

Reaction score
Gmail google sign in glich.

Thanks Hook.

I am debating the "hard reset" decision.

Meanwhile, I deleted two of thre of my Google Gmail email accounts (except the "main" one, which continues the Synch with Calenders and Contacts), and added the other two email accounts as "email" within the "messaging" icon instead.
On a positive note, this allows me to handle the accounts separately, and with separate notifications on the task bar... A "lemon" turned into lemonade... maybe.

Thanks again.

mj48

Reaction score
This may sound odd, but it worked for me, and you got nothin to lose by tryin.

Login to your Google account and change your password. Logout and then attempt to setup your Google account on your Droid with your new password.

Don't ask me to explain it, but it worked for me. Now I'm onto finding solutions to other problems with the mail settings. BB mail was so much easier!

Wolfscreek

Reaction score
Interesting idea. Tried it, no luck. Oh well. I kind of like the setup I now have, with only one email account on Gmail (the main one for synching everything), and the other two on "email".

That way, I can see at a glance at the task bar on the Droid which account has new incoming...

Thanks.

phildawg66

Reaction score
Found a fix that works

After trying many things, I went to the youtube app on the phone. I logged in as the email account that was not working and I could not register on my phone. After I linked that email address to the youtube app, I went back and added the gmail address I could not add. Works great. I got the idea from a post somewhere so I can't take the credit for it.

blahzay

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem and I dont wanna do a clean restore so Im kind of just biting the bullet for now.

loot310

Reaction score
Ive had the same problem. I tried the factory reset for a different issue and still could not add a second account. Hopefully this will addressed in the upcoming update.