Can't add another gmail account

JoeK

Reaction score
I have one gmail and a corporate email account on my fascinate, but it will not let add another gmail account. I get the error- Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. Everything else is working fine. Help anybody?

zero7starz

Reaction score
To set up another gmail address you need to go to the gmail app, and hit menu, accounts, add account. If it is not a gmail specific email account and the stock one is not working try K9 email.

Zalyia38

Reaction score
I have one gmail and a corporate email account on my fascinate, but it will not let add another gmail account. I get the error- Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. Everything else is working fine. Help anybody?

Same here. I added 2 when I first got the phone, but now I cannot add my 3rd account. I get the same error...it's odd.

cmccoy15

Reaction score
Same here

I havent gotten an email pushed to my phone since 9/24. Tried turning off then back on the background data checkbox, didnt work. Deleted two of my 3 gmail accounts (wont let me delete the 3rd without the factory reset, which we shouldnt have to do for a "high end" phone). Tried to add the other two back and I get the same error. We just had that update for the more reliable email etc. on I think the 21st...GREAT JOB!!! Now GMAIL SUCKS and I dont think the regular email is any better either. This needs to be fixed WITHOUT having to reset your phone and reload all your apps (which YES you unquestionably have to do since theres no way to back up your apps) or using a 3rd party app that you'll eventually have to pay for if they dont solve the issue another way.

tenojitsu

Reaction score
I am trying to add a second gmail account to my gmail app and am having issues. I already have my second account added to the phone, it appears in the universal inbox and as a second mail widget, but does not appear in my gmail app. When I try to add it to gmail app, it gives me a message that it already exists. Is this a known bug with the app, or is it something that I am doing wrong?

Thank you,
Joe

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
I have 7 gmail accounts on my phone. I generally only want email when I choose to get it. But, I had no problems adding the accounts. I difference is I didn't add the accounts vis the gmail app. I used settings - accounts.

Perhaps that may help.

denlem

Reaction score
The same thing has happened to me. I get the "Can't establish a reliable data connection..." when trying to add a second gmail account.

A system restore doesn't help since I had to do a restore to get rid of root due to other weird things happening with the phone. It's after the restore is when I found I couldn't put my email accounts back.

Zalyia38

Reaction score
Factory reset is not a resolution sadly.

EDIT: Fix!!! BUT if you open the youtube app enter your gmail account and pw (even if it's not valid) it will add your gmail to the sync. Then just go into menu>settings>account & sync and it will be there ready to sync. wtf and lol!

Thank god for Google search :p

SIXXCHIC

Reaction score
You Tube and Google sync work

It does work YAY!!

Thanks to Zalyia28 for posting the following...........................

Factory reset is not a resolution sadly.

EDIT: Fix!!! BUT if you open the youtube app enter your gmail account and pw (even if it's not valid) it will add your gmail to the sync. Then just go into menu>settings>account & sync and it will be there ready to sync. wtf and lol

tookeen

Reaction score
bizarre fix but it does work for adding another gmail account. Only Problem i have now is that it will only auto sync the first account I set up.

I went into settings>Accounts & sync>new account

it dosent have any options other then remove account. If I use the menu tab it only gives me "Sync now" option.

Suggestions?

EDIT
***apparently that was the youtube account that wouldn't sync, was able to finally add the gmail account fully with the gmail app after going thru adding the youtube thing and I appear to be working fine now.***

Zalyia38

Reaction score
I know it's an odd fix, but works. Open gmail then menu accounts> account settings then select the account you just added and turn on sync

Oops...I just saw your edit :) glad it works.

shopclue

Reaction score
Thanks

I know this is an old thread but It helped me. Having issue adding gmail account and followed the youtube app solution and new gmail acct was added.

Thanks a lot !!! More power to this forum.