Cant activate screen during call...

aliasneo07

Reaction score
Hey guys. The power button on my droid broke, so verizon sent me a replacement. When I am on a call, it used to be that if i moved the phone away from my face the screen would turn on so i could activate buttons. Not so anymore. If I want to activate my screen during a call i have to slide open the keyboard and close it.

Is there a setting or something where I can re-enable this? Very frustrating.

Thanks!

OP
A

aliasneo07

Reaction score
Okay I just got ANOTHER droid. This is #3 in a week, and the second refurbished one. THIS ONE DOES THE SAME THING! Every time I place a call the screen goes black and I CANNOT reactivate it unless i slide out the keyboard! Its supposed to turn on when I remove it from my ear! Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

I'm desperate here! Or is it just that I got TWO lemons in the span of 3 days?

gixxerboy

Reaction score
if you move it away from your face and the screen does not come on try putting it back against your ear then moving it back to try to get the screen on

OP
A

aliasneo07

Reaction score
if you move it away from your face and the screen does not come on try putting it back against your ear then moving it back to try to get the screen on

Did that with both phones. Went to verizon today and they want to send me a THIRD refurbished phone. I said fine, and he said if this one was bad "we'll have to speak to a manager." whatever that means. If this THIRD refurbished phone is also screwed up they'd better give me a new one. This will be my 4th droid (3rd refurbished) in about a week. I'm starting to get annoyed. He said maybe its a bad batch or something.

I dunno, we'll see when it gets here.

raloh

Reaction score
mines is doing the exact same thing this is my thried fone.

hookerdj

Reaction score
i went through three of them they all did the same thing finally i got a good one