Can't access SD card to get apps

joyride777

Reaction score
I'm moving from the HTC Incredible to the Razr M and I have all my old stuff (contacts, apps) on my SD card. The new phone recognized that there was an SD card, tried to import pictures/movies of which there were none. I did manage to get my imported contacts off the SD card through the People section. But now I can't see to figure out how to get the apps - can't access them at all, don't know where they are or how to get to them. When I look under Settings > Storage it sees that there is a mounted SD card but doesn't seem like there's anything on it. But I know the apps are on there, as I can't access them in my old phone either.

So, how do I get to my apps? I don't want to have to install them all again from the Play store when I have them all on the SD card.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to Droid Forums joyride! Your SD card may have some app settings but will not have the actual apps. To get your apps back, the best thing to do is to install them one by one from the play store. Open the play store app. You may be prompted to sign in with your gmail address and password. Use the gmail address that you used when you installed the apps on your previous phone. Once signed in, go to the settings menu and choose My Apps. Swipe the screen to the left and all your previously installed apps will be listed. Install the ones you still want (it lists every app you ever installed, so there may be several you don't use anymore).

Have fun with your new RAZR M!

Sent from my AT100 using Droid Forums

OP
J

joyride777

Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums joyride! Your SD card may data on some app settings... all your previously installed apps will be listed. Install the ones you still want (it lists every app you ever installed, so there may be several you don't use anymore).

Have fun with your new RAZR M!

Thanks so much for the response. If my SD card has the settings and I install the apps again, will I have all my previous data on them, or do I have to start over with each one?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the response. If my SD card has the settings and I install the apps again, will I have all my previous data on them, or do I have to start over with each one?

It depends on the app - most apps you have to manually backup any settings that can be saved. So if you didn't do that, you'll likely have to start over. This is one of the main reasons I like to root - you can backup/restore the apps and the data within.