Can't access Recovery to wipe cache

Krenzy

Reaction score
Just rooted my phone and got onto JB, trying to wipe my cache partition but I cannot get past the Boot menu. The selector won't move and stays stuck on boot up normal option...the down button does not move the selector. Please help! I temp unrooted and did it without temp unrooting.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's very strange, the highlight won't move down with the Volume Down button? Hmmm. Does pressing the Volume Up button select Normal Boot?

OP
K

Krenzy

Reaction score
Yes, that's all I can do is press up for normal reboot. Tried several times. I'm at a loss.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Let me sleep on it. We'll talk tomorrow.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Did your phone ever get wet? My brothers phone did and his volume up key doesn't work well normally (you have to push it a bunch of times) but in recovery the volume down key doesn't work but volume up works fine. Very odd to me

OP
K

Krenzy

Reaction score
Never got wet. The rockers work just fine otherwise.

OP
K

Krenzy

Reaction score
As an update, when I root and temp unroot through both SU and Voodoo it eventually allowed me to roll down to recovery. I can select recovery, get the red M, then goes black and eventually I get the triage screen; however pressing both volume buttons does absolutely nothing. I had to hold the power button for quite some time just to reboot out of that menu. Still lost.