1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't access recovery mode

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dragonhunter21, Feb 10, 2011.

1. dragonhunter21

dragonhunter21 New Member

My deepest apologies if this is the wrong place for this, but it seemed appropriate.

I recently got bored of my stock ROM and decided to flash my phone over to the latest Cyanogen release. Long story short, after the install, it wouldn't boot- it kept looping the loading animation. I rebooted into recovery mode and flashed it back. Unfortunately, the list was ordered backward from what I thought it was and I flashed an ancient backup (May '10-ish, I think) rather than the one I'd made today. Even after updating, it can't access the internet (Even through wi-fi) and the ROM Manager app is an ancient version, so I can't use it. To make matters worse, recovery won't load now- when I boot into it (Power + x, natch) it shows the image of a phone and a triangle with an exclamation point inside, but no text. I've let it sit for a few minutes, even held the buttons down, but to no avail.

My question is, is there a way to force the phone to reflash Clockworkmod Recovery (or an alternate that can read backups made with Clockworkmod) or factory-reset to the stock rom?

Many thanks in advance for your help, and I'd be happy to provide any necessary information.
  2. KaosMaster

KaosMaster Member

Your Phone reflashed the Stock Recovery back onto your Phone! AGHHHH!! LOL!

Ok, yes this is fixable! So you understand, you must hold the Volume "UP" key and hit "camera to access the ORIGINAL recovery options. NOW...

to restore your Recovery Block:

Download the newest version of whatever Recovery you were using at the time....AKA SPR CWMR. Unzip the package and locate the .img file for the recovery.

Copy the .img to your ROOT of your SDCARD and name as Recovery.img.

And then in terminal emulator or ADB use the following tutorial using your .img file to install it!

Installing the SPRecovery Image Manually

If this is to complicated....then you will probably have to start over from scratch! ;(
  3. dragonhunter21

dragonhunter21 New Member

Solved the problem myself- apparently, restoring the old rom de-rooted the phone. One re-root later, CMRecovery flashed successfully and I was able to restore my actual-factual backup. Still a little weird- it changed my ringtones back to the factory defaults and cleared my homescreen- but it's back.
Search tags for this page
android force recovery mode

can't access recovery mode

can't access recovery mode android

can't enter recovery mode android

can't go to recovery mode android

cannot enter recovery mode

cannot enter recovery mode android

droid bionic cannot enter recovery mode

force recovery mode android

forcing an android phone into recovery
forcing my android into recovery mode