Can't Access Internal Memory - PC Crashes

rdarling

Reaction score
Hi, I have a new Driod Bionic, everytime I connect it to my PC using windows 7 (using the official Moto cable) two autoplay windows open, one for internal memory and one for external memory. I can click on the external memory to show files and everything is fine. As soon as I click on any option in the internal memory window I get the blue screen of death on my laptop and it reboots. I tried closing the autoplay windows and accessing the folders through the windows explorer with the same result, I can click on the external memory and all is well, as soon as I click on the motorola folder my laptop takes a dump!
What is going on?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi, I have a new Driod Bionic, everytime I connect it to my PC using windows 7 (using the official Moto cable) two autoplay windows open, one for internal memory and one for external memory. I can click on the external memory to show files and everything is fine. As soon as I click on any option in the internal memory window I get the blue screen of death on my laptop and it reboots. I tried closing the autoplay windows and accessing the folders through the windows explorer with the same result, I can click on the external memory and all is well, as soon as I click on the motorola folder my laptop takes a dump!
What is going on?

Sounds like you need the current motorola drivers. I don't have link but just search this forum for it. Good luck.

OP
R

rdarling

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed drivers from Motorola website since the last post this morning. Same result - Blue Screen of Death!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I downloaded and installed drivers from Motorola website since the last post this morning. Same result - Blue Screen of Death!

A few last thoughts/questions: Is this a new problem? Did it just start with the Bionic? Is the phone set to Usb Storage Mode and not PC Mode or Media Sync Mode?

gsDroid

Reaction score
Also, did you uninstall the motorola drivers before installing the newer ones? And is Usb debugging checked?

OP
R

rdarling

Reaction score
I set phone from usb mass storage mode to PC mode and it works like a champ! Thanks guys!