Cannot USB connect

ZackTheChin

Reaction score
After updating to 2.2, I cannot seem to USB Mass Storage connect my DX.
It goes into a constand "Preparing SD Card" loop, and I cannot open the folder on my computer.
Anyone have a fix?

Technoman

Reaction score
After updating to 2.2, I cannot seem to USB Mass Storage connect my DX.
It goes into a constand "Preparing SD Card" loop, and I cannot open the folder on my computer.
Anyone have a fix?

I suggest a factory reset and SD Card format. Clean start could not make things any worse.

Beaker

Reaction score
Try Killling Apps

Mine will do the same thing and then I noticed that if an app was running in the background and that app was based on the SD card I could run Advance Task Killer, kill the app and then the SD card would load on the PC. Hope that helps.

twilson1118

Reaction score
potential solutions to try

I posted this one earlier on a similar issue with a droid 2, easy approach, try PC mode option on the droidx, when the usb cable is connected, click on the usb notification on the phone and select "pc mode" and see what happens. Your SD card will mount in a folder labeled "removable storage".

hard approach : check on your device settings under dvd/cd cdroms on the computer with the phone attached if setting as a card reader, it on mine shows as A955 .... and try to disable this driver in windows, its i believe the phone memory access so loading custom roms etc isn't going to happen this way:). note deleting this and hoping your problem is solves only results in a "windows has found a new device and puts it back. You may need the device manager open before trying this and you will see it, click disable using standard procedures and your sd card will mount as it should. Not sure of the cause of this issue but wish someone would find out at motorola since its seeming fairly common and caused some hair pulling, esp where the driver is showing up under optical devices and sometimes wanting to restart the pc.