Cannot update apps, says not enough space?

Djanvk

Reaction score
I just recently started getting this Error: Cannot update app not enough space. Never had this before.

It says I have:
SD card:3.23gb
Internal: 52.09mb

That's about avg for me on this phone and nothing updating. Anyone have any tricks or tips?

esagor

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on my Incredible, Google apps are not updating and I'm getting the "Low on space: Application data space is low" message. Settings --> SD & phone storage says there's heaps available on SD, internal phone storage, and phone memory. I've deleted photos and moved all apps that I can onto the SD card, no change.

REMilk

Reaction score
It appears as though your download cache (a temporary cache) is full. Try powering down your phone completely, then power it back up (aka reboot). This usually clears temporary caches.

You could also use a cache cleaner app such as "1 Tap Cleaner" or "App Cache Cleaner". I have not used either one so I cannot comment on how well they work. I am rooted and use the "CacheMate for Rooted" App

esagor

Reaction score
Thanks REMilk. I rebooted, then installed 1 Tap Cleaner and App Cache Cleaner. Ran both apps, both say cache is now empty. Rebooted again, no change. It seems that most apps are updating fine except for Google apps--I can't see any new emails (Gmail) since several days ago, GDocs aren't updating, etc.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I know it could be a painful process but a factory reset should put you back up right away. Your google account will backup all your apps so after reset they will download back to the phone automatically. You will lose app data but for a fast snappy phone again its a small price to pay.

REMilk

Reaction score
It seems that most apps are updating fine except for Google apps--I can't see any new emails (Gmail) since several days ago, GDocs aren't updating, etc.

I suggest that you try the following:

1. Open the app "My Accounts"
2. Long Press on "your Google Account", then press "Open Account"
3. If the items in your Google account are not checked for syncing, then touch them so they are checked.
4. If they a checked, then uncheck them, and close the app; Reopen the app then check them.

You can also try to delete the Google account, then re-add it.

Good Luck,
Bob

Good Luck,

leythdave

Reaction score
I also have this problem.
If I did a factory reset would I lose all my phone contacts?
If so how do I transfer my phone contacts to my SIM card?

Also would I lose all my carriers pre installed apps, as I have switched carriers and they now won't work.

many thanks.

Dave.

Sent from my HTC Desire using DroidForums

REMilk

Reaction score
I also have this problem.
If I did a factory reset would I lose all my phone contacts?
If so how do I transfer my phone contacts to my SIM card?

Also would I lose all my carriers pre installed apps, as I have switched carriers and they now won't work.

The following is true if you have not 'frozen' or deleted ops from the original installation; if these are frozen or missing, you may not be able to activate the phone after the 'Factory Reset'.

When you do a 'Factory Reset', you are setting the phone up like it was when it was first purchased. You lose all apps that you the owner installed. All settings and data, such as contacts, on the 'internal storage' are deleted or reset to factory. It does NOT refresh the OEM-installed apps!!!! Anything on the micro SD card is not impacted.

If you use Gmail for your contacts, then these are backed up to you Gmail account. Once the phone has gone through a 'Factory Reset' process, you must activate the phone. After you sign-up with your GMail account, your contacts will be restored; the same is true of your Gmail and Google Calendar.

I also recommend that you use Backup Assistant, if it is available to you. This may help with restoring apps. Also, you might need to try to locate the install files (.apk) for the apps that you may not be able to obtain from your old carrier and copy these to the micro SD card.

I am sure others may also have suggestions for you.

Good Luck,
Bob