Cannot Uninstall Google Voice

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
I installed the latest Sapphire 1.0.0 and it looks like it comes with Gapps preinstalled. I tried to uninstall Google Voice and it tells me that I cannot uninstall it.

There are some programs that come preloaded that I would like to uninstall but it won't let me.

Please help.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
What did you do to try to uninstall it?

I didn't think voice came with sapphire, in fact I know I installed out from market.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
just asked the same question on IRC, was told to use rmapk search to remove it... then reboot and install the new one from the market. Haven't tried it yet, but makes sense that it should work.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
just asked the same question on IRC, was told to use rmapk search to remove it... then reboot and install the new one from the market. Haven't tried it yet, but makes sense that it should work.

Google voice has not been updated. Perhaps you're thinking of voice search.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google voice has not been updated. Perhaps you're thinking of voice search.

Yeah, it was voice search. Was the one who helped him.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just tried it and using rmapk search gets rid of google search. So, what I ended up doing was use Root Explorer to remove voicesearch from system/app. Rebooted, then installed VS from the market. Worked like a charm. Now to pull the normal search app from the rom update and push it back to the phone... they must have misunderstood what I was asking when I was on IRC.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just tried it and using rmapk search gets rid of google search. So, what I ended up doing was use Root Explorer to remove voicesearch from system/app. Rebooted, then installed VS from the market. Worked like a charm. Now to pull the normal search app from the rom update and push it back to the phone... they must have misunderstood what I was asking when I was on IRC.

He is talking about Google Voice Vicious, not voice search. rmapk does work for voice search, as I tried it myself with it, and several other /system/apps, but Google Voice isn't a part of the gapps install last I heard.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score

He is talking about Google Voice Vicious, not voice search. rmapk does work for voice search, as I tried it myself with it, and several other /system/apps, but Google Voice isn't a part of the gapps install last I heard.

Whoops, my bad... I totally misread the subject. Sorry for derailing the thread.