Cannot stop text announcements. Please help.

redspin

Reaction score
My phone just started announcing incoming messages. I get my usual notification sounds and then the monotone chick says "incoming text message from..." I have checked Driving mode and Talk Back. Both off. I even enabled them and disabled them again, in hopes of a little tech magic. No dice. I have not downloaded a new app in weeks, changed a setting or anything. I just woke up to this "wonderful" new feature. I have searched the web and this forum, finding nothing more than the two suggestioEDIT :bove. Neither have helped me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am using an S3.

Thank you.

EDIT: It also appears that regardless of the phone being on vibrate or silent, it still announces the incoming message, out loud.

Last edited:

MyDroid125

Reaction score
Drive Mode

I had the same exact problem. It took me a while to realize that I had accidentally enabled the DRIVE MODE in the notification bar... SMH... lol..
Hope this helps :icon_ banana:

OP
R

redspin

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion, but I checked both the Drive Mode and Talk Back settings before posting. The problem has become sporatic, though. I go days without it speaking and then it mysteriously comes back for hours or a couple days. I am baffled.