cannot see the little android guys

jwess8581

Reaction score
i was told from a friend that had an Android phone that she was able to see some kind of faces when i emails a :) to her. I am not able to see any of that stuff on my phone. Is there some kind of setting that I need to do. I have a Droid X.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those A.droid guys are available in gtalk but I don't know where else. I don't think they work for gmail and texting.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not available for gmail.

Just txt and gtalk.

Should be on the bottom right of your keyboard when in text or gtalk.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

b-jammin21

Reaction score
They work for texting, at least for me. On the default keyboard there's a button for the smiley android guy, and if received a few other ones too (kissy android, sad android, etc.) Oh btw, I don't know if this makes a difference, but I have a D1. :)

EDIT (New Information): they clearly don't work in the DF app. Haha. But try it in texting at least. I know it works there.
Sent from my Droid using my Droid

OP
J

jwess8581

Reaction score
i am trying it in a text. i can send them but when i receive a text with a :) or any of the other ones in it, that is exactly what i see instead of the android guys

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That seems awful odd.

I've never not gotten the smiles.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
i am trying it in a text. i can send them but when i receive a text with a :) or any of the other ones in it, that is exactly what i see instead of the android guys
What messaging app are you using? If the characters don't match what the app has as the emoticons then it won't interpret them properly. I.e. if the app interprets :) as the smiley face then:
Code:
: -)
:)

or any other variation won't be interpreted properly.

cymbiedroid

Reaction score
no droid emoticons

We just got a droid 2 and were looking for the droid emoticons. the first droid i had would send these alien-droid like symbols instead of just plain smileys. they seem to not be a part of the droid 2 or can i turn them on somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.:)

nibblit

Reaction score
Little Green Men

The green bots were available on the original Droid TEXTing app. Sadly, they are no longer available on Droid 2/X SMS app.

Not all is forsaken. The D2/DX stock email client (pictured below), does have our beloved green bot emoticons.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2621479/email.jpg

Hope you're having a wonderful start to 2011, Hookbill!

Adieu for now. Gotta go. Someone is having a fit on XDA.

cymbiedroid

Reaction score
The green bots were available on the original Droid TEXTing app. Sadly, they are no longer available on Droid 2/X SMS app.

Not all is forsaken. The D2/DX stock email client (pictured below), does have our beloved green bot emoticons.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2621479/email.jpg

Hope you're having a wonderful start to 2011, Hookbill!

Adieu for now. Gotta go. Someone is having a fit on XDA.

That is quite the disappointment, oh well. Thanks for the information :)