Cannot receive pictures over text HELP!!!!!!!!

crazyjoejoe

Reaction score
Hello,

Ever since I rooted my phone I cannot receive pictures via text. I can send them no problem but cannot receive. It happened with the old Liberty and is still happening with the new liberty rom.

Any help?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Try going in settings > applications > manage applications then press the all tab and find your text messaging app and press the clear data tab? Don't worry that wont erase your messages. Have you tried a different messaging app like handcent or goSms to see if your able to receive pics with them?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

crazyjoejoe

Reaction score
Try going in settings > applications > manage applications then press the all tab and find your text messaging app and press the clear data tab? Don't worry that wont erase your messages. Have you tried a different messaging app like handcent or goSms to see if your able to receive pics with them?

Thanks for the reply. I just tried that and am awaiting a picture text. I currently use go sms and have also tried handcent with no luck

treb420

Reaction score
For me, this was an issue of having 3g data turned off. MMS is sent over verizon's network, not wifi. Try toggling your data connection. Also, as go sms suggests, go into the stock messaging app and make sure to check the box labeled something like force get.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

OP
C

crazyjoejoe

Reaction score
For me, this was an issue of having 3g data turned off. MMS is sent over verizon's network, not wifi. Try toggling your data connection. Also, as go sms suggests, go into the stock messaging app and make sure to check the box labeled something like force get.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

It does it while on 3g and while on wifi. I remember go sms prompting me to make it the main messenger service, is that what you were referring too?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Joe did you ever freeze or delete any apps? That could be your problem, you may have frozen or deleted an app that was tied into your messaging.

OP
C

crazyjoejoe

Reaction score
Joe did you ever freeze or delete any apps? That could be your problem, you may have frozen or deleted an app that was tied into your messaging.

ooh. I don't know. I may have at one point but I don't recall. What could I have deleted that would cause this?

Savagerun

Reaction score
I couldn't tell you that, i suppose anything that would have the word messaging in it but sometimes it hard to tell what system app is needed for certain things. That's why it's usually not a good idea to delete system apps you can just freeze them it does the same thing but you can always unfreeze them if you run into a problems.

OP
C

crazyjoejoe

Reaction score
sure. I don't think I deleted anything associated with a messaging app. It was just a few apps like the car home, a game, etc.