Cannot Re-download an app that I deleted.

solorca

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I'm hoping that someone can help me here.

I deleted a program called Battery Life when I got a new battery, hoping to avoid problems. It seemed to have issues during the uninstall, but eventually I was able to remove it from my phone.

Now though, I want to download the program again, and I can't seem to do it. When I go to the program on the Market, there are two options that are grayed out (uninstall and open). It appears that for some reason, the market/phone is not reading it as uninstalled, even though I can't seem to find traces of it on my Droid. I would really like to have this program back. I've emailed the company and Google, but neither have responded.

Any idea of what I can do to get the program back?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
wow that's interesting. are you just looking in settings>>applications or have you tried finding and uninstalling via astro?

OP
S

solorca

Reaction score
wow that's interesting. are you just looking in settings>>applications or have you tried finding and uninstalling via astro?

Haven't tried Astro let. Good idea!

Let me give that a shot :)

Edit: Hmm, I have never really used Astro before. Where are programs usually kept? I can't seem to locate anything I've downloaded...

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you would have had to do a backup previously for it to have saved it :( ss

although i do vaguely remember this happening to me once....i can't remember what i did to fix it. i'll keep rackin my lil peabrain lol

so you HAVE gone through settings>>>>applications and the app isn't listed there? for some reason i'm thinking that's how i fixed mine but like i said i can't remember dernit lol

OP
S

solorca

Reaction score
you would have had to do a backup previously for it to have saved it :( ss

although i do vaguely remember this happening to me once....i can't remember what i did to fix it. i'll keep rackin my lil peabrain lol

so you HAVE gone through settings>>>>applications and the app isn't listed there? for some reason i'm thinking that's how i fixed mine but like i said i can't remember dernit lol

Yeah, I did that. It's not there...it is such an odd thing.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just noticed that you said you "deleted" the program. How did you actually accomplish this? Did you uninstall it or delete it? That may give us a clue how to help.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i just found this information thru google.....
Go to menu, applications, manage applications, open Market app, and select uninstall Market updates. When you start the Market app again you have again accept the terms and it starts clean. Then you can reinstall apps that have trouble or delete through the Market Download area. This technique reopens the options to install a grayed lower menu on the detail area of an app.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great find Ccakes. I've read a number of threads about this issue, both here and on other boards, and that's cleanest fix I've seen. Google, huh? Who knew.:)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol i had to put that on two separate threads. i hope it works and they let us know:D

OP
S

solorca

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think I'm either doing something wrong, or the phone will not allow me to delete the updates. There isn't an uninstall or delete option.

To answer the other question, I uninstalled the program...but all traces of it appear to be gone.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok!! i just went to HELP in the market lol ....here's what i found:

Best answer - Dontae (Google Employee)
Hi All,

We're aware of issues where phones appear to be under the impression that an uninstalled application is actually installed. We're working on a fix for this behavior on our end and hope to have an update regarding the matter soon.

Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you don't have much data or if your data is backed up, you may consider performing a factory reset to see if this alleviates the problem.

Regards,
Dontae

Lars1

Reaction score
(posted in another thread)

I have had this happen to me before, damn annoying:mad: In the future, only uninstall from the marketplace, not the app manager. It has worked gr8 ever since.

evolushun

Reaction score
I have a question regarding this...if you purchase an app but dont need it and uninstall it, can you re-download it later if its a purchased app? Without re-paying for it?