Cannot make it past initial setup.

R_D

Reaction score
FIXED!

My bionic will start up and go to the "Touch the android to continue" screen. You can touch the android and the popup comes up saying "Please wait, this may take a few minutes." I let it set saying that for two hours. It never finished. I cannot figure out how to fix this. I have tried going into the fastboot and into recovery and wiping data/factory reset, still does this.

I have tried flashing a stock recovery mod using RSD Lite and that returns with a fail when it trys to wipe/format the cache.

I have spent two days searching for an answer and almost everything I find provides download links that are no longer valid or do not work in general.

Any help greatly appreciated and I'll provide any information you need, just let me know. Thanks ahead of time.

Edit: After playing with it more, I am now getting a fail when it attempts to flash the cdt.bin

Okay, sorry for linking to another site (not sure if it is against the rules) but this solved it for me. It even fixed my original problem of having no signal.

http://www.mydroidworld.com/topic/10442-902-bionic-path-saver-and-restoreroot-utility/

Thanks to everyone and I hope this helps someone else having the same problem get to the solution quicker.

Last edited:

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Oh boy. Does it say low battery, too?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
R

R_D

Reaction score
Oh boy. Does it say low battery, too?

It did, and I think that was my problem with the cache wipe. It is making it past that now and failing when it tries to flash cdt.bin

It is charged now though.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Aha! If it's charged it should no longer have a problem with cdt.bin... also make sure when you flash that no other programs are open besides rsdlite. It needs a LOT of ram to operate correctly.

OP
R

R_D

Reaction score
Aha! If it's charged it should no longer have a problem with cdt.bin... also make sure when you flash that no other programs are open besides rsdlite. It needs a LOT of ram to operate correctly.

It is definitely charged now.

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

When I booted it up (It will boot, just won't go past setup) it said something like 80% battery.

This is the only thing running, though this is a smaller PC with little ram as my main pc is currently not accessible and my other large pc is ubuntu only.

But it gets an error on the cdt.bin every single time.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Awesome! Glad the pathsaver worked for you