Cannot install Shadowgun

jayrod718

Reaction score
Community,
I back in November manually installed Shadowgun and had it working. I since then removed it from my apps some time ago. Well, now they have it on clearance in the market for 49 cents and I want to purchase it. Problem is it shows purchased already but I haven't purchased it and it isn't installed. When I click install it says it can't because I didn't purchase from google market. I have looked in /Android/data and don't see any thing for it. How can I fix this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
When you originally purchased it, was it through the market? Also, have you tried clearing the market cache and then trying to download?

OP
jayrod718

jayrod718

Reaction score
I haven't purchased it, I want to now that it is available for bionic. I manually installed the apk and placed the data folder dump which tricked it into working. This was back in November. I have cleared the market cache and rebooted etc..

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Try uninstalling it with titanium backup. Or reinstalling it via the same method you used the first time and then uninstalling it with tibu.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Sounds like you might have some kind of remnants of it still hidden somewhere on your phone. Did you get rid of all traces of it? Did you check your temp folder, your download folder, cache folder... Do you still have the apk file somewhere on your phone, like in the downloads folder?

PS: That is an AWESOME game, so I can see how you wanna buy it. I just bought it myself yesterday. I'm not really a gamer, but I'm seriously hooked.

Last edited:

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Yeah I bought it too, its a pretty sweet game. I got Osmose too, and I think I like it better though!

OP
jayrod718

jayrod718

Reaction score
Still no go with using tibu and removing everything. I cleaned cache and rolled market back updates. Not sure why it thinks I purchased it.

naknak95

Reaction score
Still no go with using tibu and removing everything. I cleaned cache and rolled market back updates. Not sure why it thinks I purchased it.

I'm having the same problem, I really want to buy the game, but can't :(. Let me know if you find something that works.

naknak95

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, I really want to buy the game, but can't :(. Let me know if you find something that works.

UPDATE: This isn't a "fix" fix, but I just made a new Gmail account and added it along with my old Gmail account, then bought the game on my new account and it worked fine.