1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

cannot install google maps

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by yawhateva, Aug 14, 2010.

1. yawhateva

yawhateva New Member

I've been having this problem with google maps for some time. I had it installed but it wouldn't update saying that it isn't signed correctly. I was having the same problem with google voice search. So I found a thread here and I used the terminal to rename google voice search to voice.apk.old or whatever and rebooted and it installed just fine from the market. I figured I would try the same thing with maps but it didn't work. So I tried reinstalling the back I had with Astro and that didn't work either. The error its giving me is "installation failed. Unknown reason -8"

Can anybody help me? I use google maps all the time. Thanks!
  2. GZ2525

GZ2525 New Member

I have the exact same problem. I have tried everything the past few days. Uninstalls, removed every single file that is related to google maps on the SD card and system files. I tried installing older versions.

You can download this: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

and it will install, but it won't work with voice search.
  3. yawhateva

yawhateva New Member

Thanks for that! I would eventually like to get it working with voice search but as long as it works for now I'm happy!
Search tags for this page

cannot install google map

cannot install google maps on android

google maps cannot be installed on s3

google maps install problemns on android