1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cannot install after SBF back to froyo...

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by wolfspirit68, Jun 12, 2011.

1. wolfspirit68

wolfspirit68 New Member

I cannot install Liberty Toolbox by manual or market install after a SBF. Cannot install ANYTHING via market right now.

Please help. I am trying to get back into my nandroid backups to restore but I cannot get bootstrap installed at all.
  2. steevka

steevka New Member

try going under settings > apps > running> market> force closing, and clearing data/cache?

can you download bootstrap from your phone browser and install?
  3. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

After performing an sbf, your device won't be rooted. You'll need to re-root, etc.
  4. wolfspirit68

wolfspirit68 New Member

I was able to get GB on there but cannot get root at this point. I did an update in the system recovery that finally go GB on there. Still was unable to install or download in froyo or GB.

I have SU installed but cannot get ANY functionality at all. Terminal keeps telling me that SU permission denied.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  5. Kasey Krehbiel

Kasey Krehbiel New Member

You're gonna have to SBF back to FroYo again...

You can't obtain root once you have an unrooted version of GB on your phone, so you're going to have to:

1. SBF back to FroYo again.
    2. Install the 2-part rooted Gingerbread .596 from TBH (links are posted on the 0.6 LGB release sticky thread)
    3. Go about your business. :)

EDIT:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/151273-rom-liberty-gingerbread.html

Look for Option 2 toward the bottom of the first post. The link to the 2-part GB .596 is there.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  6. wyld

wyld New Member

Forgot to say reroot after sbf back to Froyo then install 2 part .zips from tbh and they are on a thread somewhere I think it my Droid world or Droid life can't remember I used to have the link for it but I lost the bookmark cuz of me sbf'd back to Froyo rerooted and install 2 part .zips! Lol

sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DroidX using DroidForums
  7. Kasey Krehbiel

8. wolfspirit68

wolfspirit68 New Member

I've sbf'd back to .340 BUT I cannot install any app. it just hangs there looking at me. I can update to the OTA GB but without root.
  9. Kasey Krehbiel

Let me reiterate, don't do the OTA update, or you'll have to SBF yet again.

Try this:

1. go into recovery by turning off the phone, holding down the home button and holding down the power button until the little android with the ! sign comes up
    2. do a data wipe/factory reset
    3. reboot the phone
    4. When the android comes up "touch the android to begin" don't touch him. Touch the 4 corners of the screen in succession, clockwise from the top left (on the top it's the actual corner, but on the bottom it's just above the buttons on the screen) - this will skip the activation (and subsequently any automatic restore your Google account might be trying to run)
    5. Go into settings and allow Unknown Sources in the Applications menu
    6. Install and execute z4 Root
    7. Install and execute Droid 2 Bootstrap
    8. Install the 2-part GB .596 found in links in earlier posts in this thread
    9. Install LGB.
    10. Do another data wipe/factory reset

If you still have any issues with that, like you've gone through Steps 1-5 and you can't do Step 6, post the error message you're getting.
  10. Dryfter37

Dryfter37 New Member

From rooted 596 sbf to froyo bootstrapped and rooted 602...unable to reinstall

From rooted 596 sbf to froyo bootstrapped and rooted 602 and am rooted!!! but everytime i try and re-installing the rom toolbox pro i bought it says error unable to install it did this with bootstrap d2 also but i found a file on google got lucky but what is wrong with my phone what can i do to solve this
  11. Dryfter37

Dryfter37 New Member

Also i cannot even buy and install i get a error there to