Cannot hear any sound during call (People can hear me though)

marmst

Reaction score
This happened after I plugged in my headphones today and went for a jog. The Razr didn't get wet or anything. I can hear call volume now if headphones are plugged in, but when they are unplugged I cannot hear anything. Anyone have any advice? Thank you.

OP
M

marmst

Reaction score
P.S.

I can hear others via speakerphone. It's just really weird.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Have you tried plugging the head phones back in then unplugging them again? If the problem doesn't go away soon, I'd return it if possible.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

OP
M

marmst

Reaction score
Yes, I tried that several times, no luck. The phone will also not play any music via speaker, but when I plug an Aux into it, it plays through speakers just fine. It's so weird.

egpowers

Reaction score
I have a similar issue, but with bluetooth. Twice recently the phone lost connection with my headset, it was still paired but not connected. Could only use speakerphone function. Very very frustrating. Each time had to unpair and re-pair phone and headset, then they connected and worked fine for several hours.

OP
M

marmst

Reaction score
I ended up taking it back to the VZW store. They replaced it in 15 minutes (which was surprising), so no biggie. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, lol.