Cannot get Sprint Hero out of Safe Mode??

z06mike

Reaction score
As the title states, I have a Sprint Hero and can't get it to come out of safe mode. It belongs to a friend of mine and he doesn't know how it started for him?? Anyone have suggestions as to what it could be or how to get it out?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you try restarting it?? If not, then ask him what he was doing before it went into safe mode.

Sent from my Droid

OP
Z

z06mike

Reaction score
Tried restarting it various times and a few different button combos. Nothing will work.

He doesn't really know how it got into safe mode.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well then try removing any recently installed apps. Maybe one is causing problems. Or has he not installed any apps recently?

Sent from my Droid

OP
Z

z06mike

Reaction score
I asked him that before and he said he hadn't. I'm assuming it was a "pocket dial" that caused the phone to get into safe mode, but it just WILL NOT come out of it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can get into safe mode though a pocket dial. Usually it is holding a certain button while the phone is turning on. All I can recommend now us taking the phone to sprint. I really don't have much experience with the hero so I can't help you much more.

Sent from my Droid

OP
Z

z06mike

Reaction score
I mean he may have leaned up against something and held the buttons necessary to get into safe mode.

I've done weird things while the phone is in my pocket before so I know it's possible.