1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cannot get past "Touch the Droid to Continue"

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ludi, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ludi

ludi New Member

I am having a hard time explaining why but, even after wiping (multiple times....properly), I cannot get past beyond the setup wizard on 4.4. Ive attempted a variety of kernels. Is it possible that this is a byproduct of a errrd download?? I'm at a loss on this one. Anyone experience this, any thoughts? I welcome your advice, or chastisements. =P

The actual issue im experiencing: During the initial boot, setup wizzer starts i see "Touch the Droid to Continue" and the lil magic hand coming in, poking the lil droid, and flying away... I then proceed to poke the little droid myself... nothing. no response. There is a FC that occurs before i have a chance to poke the droid for myself, however, it disappears so fast, i couldn't tell u what it is...i wasnt connected to adb for logcat, but, i suspect, perhaps. it was acore or maybe setupwizard itself. (because of where the FC occured). but ya.. FC and not response from poking my droid.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

I'd flash a recovery and start over.
  3. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

im guessing Chevy's newest 4.4 rom

you can also try booting into recovery, wiping date/cache, and reflashing the rom :)
  4. ludi

ludi New Member

hadn't tried a reflash recovery, couldn't hurt. also, are there any command line switches which could prove useful for adb # format (boot/system/recovery/data/cache)

yrs, chevy 4.4
  5. ludi

ludi New Member

Recovery reflash fixed it. I appreciate your insight. Ill start to look around now, but in bade the issue hadn't been addressed, running rstapps yields SMS/accounts properly but when restoring apps, /sdcard/SimplyStunning....... is corrupt. All apps r corrupt. The backup was created with the bkapps found in rom manager ...dated 6/25...perhaps my proble. m?
  6. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I will double-check the bkapps in RM - it SHOULD be correct. But to be sure - grab bkapps.zip from my 4.4 thread (main link for SS has it) and try again ...
  7. ludi

ludi New Member

ChevyNo1,

Appreciate you looking into the matter. I should add, the issue with the FC during SetupWizard... the issue which wouldn't let me poke the droid to continue, only occurs when applying the update found @ \clockworkmod\download\chevyno1.richstevenson.com\froyo\4.4\SimplyStunning-v4.4-update.zip ---the themed version. I did not experience the FC droid poke error when applying the unthemed 44update via RM.

The rstapps error I am experiencing is occuring in the SimplyStunning-v4.4-notheme-update.zip found on RM (\clockworkmod\download\chevyno1.richstevenson.com\froyo\4.4\SimplyStunning-v4.4-update.zip).

The errors i was getting during when running your script from a SU shell on the phone:

# rstapps -a

XXXXXXX1.apk corrupt ... skipping
    XXXXXXX2.apk corrupt ... skipping
    XXXXXXX3.apk corrupt ... skipping
    etc.etc.

This does not happen if i run rstapps via adb shell from my PC... app apps restored as intended.

Hope this helps mate, and thank you for investing your time in dev'ing for our droids, you do great work.

::edited for grammar and clarification::
  8. nagmier

nagmier New Member

"Your holding it wrong" sorry nothing constructive I just couldn't resist you can't load SS on an iPhone 4 sir
Search tags for this page
ally touch android to begin not working
cannot touch the android to begin
cant get past the setup screen on android
cant get past welcome to android
cant touch the android to begin
droid 3 touch android to contiunue
how do i get past android welcome screen
how to bypass welcome screen on lg l55c

how to bypass welcome startup screen on lgl55c

how to get off touch android to continue screen
how to get past touch the android to begin part on lgl55c