1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cannot get in to Droid Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by newtodroid980, Dec 11, 2010.

1. newtodroid980

newtodroid980 New Member

Hello,

I recently decided to root my Droid. I downloaded RSD lite and transferred the SPRecovery file onto my phone. However when I press x and the power button I cannot get into recovery mode. The motorolla symbol shows up and then the phone restarts. This process happens over and over as long as I hold onto the X button. When I let go of it, the phone just boots up normally. What could be the issue? Could I have installed a bad SP recovery file that could be causing this issue? Any help would be great! Thanks.
  2. droidcruzer

droidcruzer New Member

Ok, I've had this happen once and I think what I ended up having to do was flash the phone back to stock again and then flash the SPRecovery sbf file again. But the trick was that I had to make sure that absolutely no VMWare services were running because the stock flashing would error out when downloading the bootloader because of something with VMWare running. That's about all I remember because it hasn't happened again and that was 6 months ago. Hope this helps.
  3. Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996 New Member

I agree, it sounds like something went wrong with your rooting process. Be careful as you do this, but you need to unroot and try again. Several of the senior members on the Forums have guides in their sig box's, though I would look in Rescue Squad for help on this.
  4. Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996 New Member

If you look up "furbearingmammal" on here it will help, that is one of the members with a few helpful guides I mentioned. Hope ya fix it.
Search tags for this page

droid 3 can not get in recovery

droid razr cannot enter recovery moce\\de