Cannot factory reset my phone

lienonyourdreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
htc one x+
Currently own a HTC One X+.
A week ago, my phone started malfunctioning. Would get stuck and reboot, back speaker stopped working, mic/speaker would randomly not function during calls. So I decided to factory reset but I'm unable to perform it. The dialog box says "Rebooting..", however when it does reboot, the phone is exactly the same as before.
I've disabled Fast Boot option, also Volume+Power method of resetting isn't working exactly. (also, my volume up key is faulty, it happened a long time ago)
I got an error report this time. I'm attaching it.
Screenshot_2014-10-03-02-37-06.png Screenshot_2014-10-03-02-37-21.png Screenshot_2014-10-03-02-37-25.png

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Sounds Like you need to Reflash the Device, Not sure about HTC...But the Vol + key not operating may stop you from being allowed to fix the Issue! ;/ Let me see what I can find out for you and will reply promptly! ;)

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
OK, so the first step would be to find out the Codename for your device! Follow the Following link and identify which one is yours:

List of HTC devices - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Then go to the following Website and download the Appropriate RUU file to your Computer:

AndroidRUU The 1 source for Android RUU files

** Make sure you download the right one for your carrier, location, and so on!

Then you need to plug your phone into the computer via a USB cable.

Make sure you install your drivers from:

Download HTC Sync Manager

Back up all your content and files using the Sync app!!!!

NOW run the Downloaded RUU file as an "Administrator", this will reflash and reset your device to stock!