Cannot edit a Gingerbread contact.

TechJPC

Reaction score
Hi, if I try to edit a contact in the Dialer app and Contacts app, the app closes (not force close), it just closes. It happened even when I long pressed a contact.

Any ideas on how to fix ?

Joe

EagleStrike

Reaction score
Hmm, I just tried what you did and i had no problems at all.

Try clearing your cache, and if that doesn't help, trying doing a factory reset.

OP
T

TechJPC

Reaction score

brandon9559

Reaction score
Your contacts will crash if you freeze or rename the blur_yahoo.apk. unfreeze it or rename it back and you will be good to go.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rpmm70

Reaction score
Your contacts will crash if you freeze or rename the blur_yahoo.apk. unfreeze it or rename it back and you will be good to go.

Thank you for your tip, it saved me from having to do a factory reset.

codustyle

Reaction score
Dam this happened to me twice. The first time was within 5 min of the tbh leak post so I just started back at square one a redid it all. I think the first thing I had done was set up by titanium backup and prolly froze the "yahoo contacts". Is that what your talking about?

I found this thread the second time it happened and looked and sure enough I had froze yahoo contacts? Whys that got anything to do with our phonebooks? Anyways a unfreezing it didn't work, neither did a cache wipe... so I had to do a factory reset. I guess lesson is don't touch yahoo contacts.....

brandon9559

Reaction score
I use root explorer to rename. There's one called yahoo contacts and it is ok to rename but there's one called blur_yahoo.apk and its the one that will mess up your contacts. Im not sure about titanium though.