Cannot dial out... Activity Dialer (in process com.android.phone) error

dneall7

Reaction score
I used the search feature to find old threads on this, but alot of them are so old saying that the 2.0.1 update should've fixed the issue. However, in the past week I have gotten this error at 4 very inconvenient times. 3 of the 4 times were urgent matters where I needed to contact someone right away. I powered the phone off twice, pulled the battery to no avail... until it started working on its own a few minutes later. It was a matter of 12 minutes before I could dial out from when I first started trying... very frustrating!!! I dont have any home apps, only the standard one... and in comparison to friends, I have very little apps altogether.

Is there anything to be done about this? Im afraid to go to VZW, because if they give me a new phone... then I would have to have my invisible shield reinstalled. Please help!

les017

Reaction score
I have NO idea what brings this issue about, and I also don't really have a fix. BUT what I have done now on the last 6 occasions when this has happened is......use the Google search voice search. Make sure you have Google Search parameters set to search "contacts".

After a fail of voice dialer the Google search has worked every time, and then immediately after the voice dialer would also work.

Trust me, I dunno nothing....but this is how things went for me in these past instances. I will keep doing the same thing from now on and see how long the streak runs.

salyzyn

Reaction score
Make this a 'me too'.

My 2 week old newly acquired LG Vortex dialer also is locking up occasionally, starting on the 23rd (I told it to update the phone ... sigh). The last call will not 'let go'. When I hit phone symbol to go to the dial screen, the only option that responds graphically to my touch is the hangup, but it fails to actually hang up the call.

Battery removal brings it back.