cannot delete a contact ...

zero7404

Reaction score
i tried deleting a contact it would not delete it after i confirmed at the prompt.
tried a few times, no dice.

anyone else ? is this a glitch in the OS or something ?

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
a lot of people let the phone sync with online, but i don't. only gmail. i keep my contacts stored strictly on the phone ...

i'll try restarting the phone, maybe the contact will be gone, but i suspect it will still be there ...

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
bump ...
i realize google meant that ppl use contacts sync with gmail. but what about those that dont ?
i dont want to have to set up a sync, but if i did id want to preserve all the contacts on the fone ....
i would make sure there are no contacts in gmail when i do this. is there a risk of losing any contacts from the fone in the process ?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bump ...
i realize google meant that ppl use contacts sync with gmail. but what about those that dont ?
i dont want to have to set up a sync, but if i did id want to preserve all the contacts on the fone ....
i would make sure there are no contacts in gmail when i do this. is there a risk of losing any contacts from the fone in the process ?

Not really, because your contacts would not only be stored in Google, they would be stored on your SD card as well.

This is a google phone, and gmail is part of google. You will never be happy with your contact set up unless you sync with Google, that's fighting the very OS you're working with.

You may have to go in and do some manual adjustments after syncing. I can't promise that google will sync it exactly as you have it set up now, i.e. it may find two separate contacts in your gmail and decide it needs to be merged as one. But that's easily handled you just give each phone number the proper designation and Google can take it from there.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
i know i will have to reformat each contact, because entries in the phone are more detailed than they are in gmail. its how i transfered my contacts from bb to droid. however, as a PHONE in its entirety, i would like it to operate independent of some of googles' features, such as contacts and calendar.

if i cannot do this entirely on the device, i would rather wipe and enter my contacts manually.

but the purpose of my OP is to figure out why this os happening and how i can get the contact off the phone. i once used mybackuppro to do a restore, maybe that might have caused an issue ?

any mybackuppro users experience the same thing ?