1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

cannot connect to secure wifi with multiple kernels and roms

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by talies1020, Oct 24, 2010.

1. talies1020

talies1020 New Member

I am a long time lurker on this excellent forum and have, up until now, been able to find the answer to my questions by searching and clicking around.

At present when I try to connect to a secured wifi network on my Moto Droid the CONNECT button is ghosted. I am able to type in passwords, but the CONNECT button stays ghosted. The wifi functions, I am able to see networks and can effectively wifi tether to the phone with a laptop.

The problem seems to have erupted when I tried to switch to Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.7 from Simply Stunning 4.8. Since this issue began I have nandroided back to a functioning SS 4.8 and a Bugless Beast .5. I have also tried wiping and installing each of: bb .5, ss 4.8, lfy 1.7, ultimate droid 1, and multiple kernels from chevyno1, slayher, and p3droid. all to no avail.

My device functioned very well under bb .5 and ss 4.8. The wifi is not critial to my use of the phone, but it is a feature I do enjoy having.

Any suggestions are appreciated; overlooked settings, other roms, other kernels.

thanks all.
    todd
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. toadzilla

toadzilla New Member

Have you tried going to airplane mode then turning it back off to see if it would connect? On occasion I have had to do this to get it to connect.
  3. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Also try a stock-ish rom.

Look in custom roms>MetickOne

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page
connect to temasek poly wifi for my laptop
connect to temasek polytechnic wifi
how to connect temasek poly wifi
how to connect to temasek polytechnic wifi using samsung pho
how to connect wifi for samsung in temasek poly
temasek poly wifi