Cannot connect to PC

DarthHelix

Reaction score
New DINC2 owner. When I plug into my computer, nothing happens phone-side. No prompt as to what mode, etc. I tried setting the default to Disc and to ask everytime, to no avail.

Any suggestions? I want to load some music files.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

robt7970

Reaction score
If u put a new rom on your phone, u might want to reboot it and use the flashing zip. Im not to much help cause I don't know the name...google how to root Dinc.

Sorry

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

y0manda

Reaction score
I think the OP is referring that he isn't getting prompted to mount SD card when he plugs his devise into the computer through usb.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think he means that there is no usb connection tab in the notification bar (to switch from pc, to mass storage etc...)

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
New DINC2 owner. When I plug into my computer, nothing happens phone-side. No prompt as to what mode, etc. I tried setting the default to Disc and to ask everytime, to no avail.

Any suggestions? I want to load some music files.

Is the phone coming up on the pc side? I think it should be in mass storage already, if so try dragging some music to the drive

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If u don't get it in the notification bar try a reboot or try mounting in terminal or recovery if u want to try in terminal let me know and i can get u the code but that would be last attempt i'd just give it a reboot and u should be fine or try in recovery

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
D

DarthHelix

Reaction score
It shows up as a really small drive and asks to install the VCast software. The 16 gb SD card doesn't show up in Explorer. But the card works fine in the phone.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you open (my computer) and the phone drive is there but it's small? You should have the drive which is your sd. Try the reboot. Don't mind the vcast thing I'm guessing

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Slide down from top of screen to connect. Should offer charge only, mount as drive, etc, as options.

roadrnnr2012

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Sometimes I have to re- attach the USB cable several times before the SD card will show up as a drive on my PC.

I have mine set to drive on phone also

OP
D

DarthHelix

Reaction score
Slide down from top of screen to connect. Should offer charge only, mount as drive, etc, as options.

That's the problem. It SHOULD do that, but it doesn't.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try going to the moto site and dl the latest drivers and install them. It should work then (unless you already tried this)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I forgot you have an incredible. I'm sure there is a way to download drivers on the htc site. You'll have to check. It sounds like a driver issue. Thats why the phone is not being read by the computer

OP
D

DarthHelix

Reaction score
I can't find any DINC2 drivers on either the HTC or VZW sites.

Plugging the phone into the computer, even with JAB debug mode on causes a 5.6 MB CD drive to show up, asking to install the VCast software. But even VCast doesn't recognize a phone being plugged in.