Cannot Boot into Recovery after installing new Cyanogenmod 5.0.7

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by oneunder311, May 25, 2010.

1. oneunder311

oneunder311 New Member

I am pretty familiar with the whole process of rooting, flashing ROM's etc., so after trying quite a few things and searching around without any luck I figured I would ask here.

Using ROM Manager, I was coming from Bugless Beast 1.0 to Koush's new ROM. After using Cyan for a bit, I wanted to switch back to BB. When attempting to boot into recovery to do a restore, the screen will just sit on the Motorola icon and go no further. After pulling the battery, it does boot up normally if I'm not holding X, but I can't get into recovery at all. I've tried using SPR and older ClockworkMod recoveries but nothing has changed.

On ROM Manager it says I have the latest recovery. I've looked around and not been able to find anyone with the same problem I have. Any advice on what to try to get access to recovery again?

Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

You're not the only one. Check out this link to another thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/47176-cannot-reboot-into-recovery-help.html

I'm told it's a problem with ROM Manager and Koush is working to fix it. I resolved the problem by flashing the stock 2.01 recovery using RSD Lite. Others have successfully used that method as well.
  3. Kmart95

Kmart95 New Member

Great!! Just installed 5.0.7 also and having the same problem... RSD here i come!
  4. gan777

gan777 New Member

Confirmed - ROM Manager Problem

I have been playing with Froyo all day and went to make a backup using ROM Manager, but when the system restarted, it never went to recovery to do the backup. I tried booting into recovery using Quickboot, no luck. I then tried flashing SPRecovery and still could not get into recovery. I even tried manually by pressing the X key while rebooting, nothing! Then I came here and saw this thread so I went in to my SystemPanel app where I archive all versions of my apps as they update and reverted back to the previous ROM Manager, reflashed the recovery and PRESTO! So, it was obviously a ROM Manager issue with the new version.
  5. kirbnite

kirbnite New Member

I also had the same issue after installing froyo. I did however re-open the Rom Manager, flash the boot recovery 2 times in a row and then manually powered off the phone and then powered on while holding down the x button. I have had this problem each time I flashed froyo from the rom manager. If I stay out of rom manager all is good. So you should be able to get around this headache like I did, by re-flashing the recovery and then manually powering down and loading the recovery with the x button.
Search tags for this page

cannot boot into nook after cyanogenmod

cyanogenmod cannot boot into recovery

cyanogenmod cant get to recovermode

cyanogenmod cant recovery

cyanogenmod how to boot into recovery

how to reboor into recovery cyanogenmod