cannot boot into CWM recovery

shockwave72

Reaction score
Hello,
I am having trouble boot into CWM recovery. I have flashed it, downloaded, and it has succeeded, but I just can't for the life of me boot into cwm recovery. Any help is appreciated.

OP
S

shockwave72

Reaction score
I do not have safestrap installed, if it's not on the market could you send me a link to it? And i downloaded it from either rom toolbox pro or rom manager

OP
S

shockwave72

Reaction score
Alright thanks. I just did that and installed a custom rom. But the wifi tether isn't working. Any suggestions?

OP
S

shockwave72

Reaction score
Should I return to stock from or install a different custom rom

chagla

Reaction score
hi, i have a problem.
i installed xt883 (the chinese rom) on droid 3. so far so good but i really need to get recovery working. i got rom manager and i flashed clockmod 5020. but i cant seem to boot to recovery no matter what.
i tried what u suggested > flash clockmod 5020 via rom manager > use D3 bootstrap > D3 reboot recovery.

it didnt work. i also tried rebooting from rom manager. that doesnt work either. please help.

btw, i am rooted. i also have the clockwork mod as a zip file. can i install zip file using terminal? i was looking for some kind of img file so i can flash it via fastboot .

chagla

Reaction score
okay. just an update. after many trials-and-error, i got safestrap installed. it turns out i was missing busybox which is why neither safestrap or bootstrap was working. after installing busybox, i only have safestrap working. problem solved for now. i have to find a way to install gapps now.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
okay. just an update. after many trials-and-error, i got safestrap installed. it turns out i was missing busybox which is why neither safestrap or bootstrap was working. after installing busybox, i only have safestrap working. problem solved for now. i have to find a way to install gapps now.

what rom are you trying to get gapps for?
you can find a flashable .zip for gapps for most ota/roms at Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps

OP
S

shockwave72

Reaction score
ovelayer said:
did you do the tbh teather hack?

I did not. I'm trying to use the Droid 3 CM9 rom. Where do i download the tbh tether hack?

D1ck3y

Reaction score
you flash gapps after you flash the ROM you want to install.