Cannot Boot Into Bootstrap OR Recovery!!! D:

ChrisD.

Reaction score
I am on a rooted Droid 2 running GB and have the Liberty rom version 0.7. I was updating to Liberty version 0.8 but I forgot to wipe the phone! The rom successfully installed, but when I turn the phone on, I get tons of popups telling me that all my phone's applications are failing! They do not go away no matter how many windows I close, they repeat indefinitely. It will not go into bootstrap and I tried recovery mode, but your problem is the same as mine! I backed up my rom, but with the inability to go into bootstrap/clockwork and no access to recovery mode I am stuck! I'm trying to learn how to do sbf recovery as a last resort. Does anyone have exerience with any of this? A solution not requiring sbf recovery would be greatly appreciated!

arrndroid

Reaction score
Try booting into stock recovery by holding X then pressing the "search button" and do a data wipe from there and retry. Fyi alt+shift+del is "quick" reboot. Really speeds up troubleshooting like this.

Edit: this successfully solved my liberty 2.0 bootloop when I forgot to wipe.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
I am on a rooted Droid 2 running GB and have the Liberty rom version 0.7. I was updating to Liberty version 0.8 but I forgot to wipe the phone! The rom successfully installed, but when I turn the phone on, I get tons of popups telling me that all my phone's applications are failing! They do not go away no matter how many windows I close, they repeat indefinitely. It will not go into bootstrap and I tried recovery mode, but your problem is the same as mine! I backed up my rom, but with the inability to go into bootstrap/clockwork and no access to recovery mode I am stuck! I'm trying to learn how to do sbf recovery as a last resort. Does anyone have exerience with any of this? A solution not requiring sbf recovery would be greatly appreciated!

You have to use the Liberty toolbox. Go into the toolbox, then Reboot options, then select reboot bootstrap it will reboot and take you directly to the CW Recovery.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the phone on, plug it in. Then pull the battery while plugged in. Now unplug and put the battery back in and boot up. Should be in clockwork. If not, it's sbf time.
Next time read directions and if it says wipe, then wipe!
Lesson learned. Don't mean to be offensive at all, but you're doing serious stuff to your phone when you flash stuff like roms. Take your time and read! It will save you sooooo much stress

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

newk8600

Reaction score
The best time to learn how to SBF is BEFORE you flash a ROM. I think people need to be prepared before things go wrong and they will know how to handle the situation without driving themselves crazy frantically searching for the answers. Thankfully this problem isn't that bad. Everything is starting up fine you just need to get into clockwork from the toolbox (as was stated before) and load your backup. The catch all last resort is SBF which isn't that hard in either Windows or Linux. Just find a good tutorial and have at it. minor problems might show up but for the most part it's a pretty easy fix.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say it all the time. Learn before you flash, but no one listens. They think that it won't happen to them.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8