1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cannot activate phone after update install

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pledf420, Aug 12, 2010.

1. pledf420

pledf420 New Member

Can anyone plz help? 2.1 firmware update-1 I have followed the directions to a tee. I used RSD lite and i installed the 64-bit drivers (i am running in 64). I am using the sbf file given it passes with 100% only after it says manual reboot then i have to restart w/ boot loader for it to complete. I install update.zip to the root. Hold the X, restore, install, allow, update. Restart. When I go to activate it says welcome to US Cellular even though I use Verizon. It will not let me auto activate. I have gone in and manually activated through the programming menu. I have a triangle up by my signal strenght like u get when the phone is not activated and I no longer recieve 3G data. Has anyone heard of this. This is my second time around with this same problem on two different phones (new one is a warrenty) Is there anyone that can help me with this.
  2. Black_diamond

Black_diamond New Member

What ROM are you flashing?
  3. pledf420

pledf420 New Member

haven't decided on one yet just trying to get 2.1 rooted
  4. Black_diamond

Black_diamond New Member

Ok..makeing sure.. Sounds like you have done to many steps to me.

All i did was Run RSD lite, Click on your SPF file, run it. Go into your phone and click allow install of update.zip, then install it and then Reboot..

Then it should be all down hill from there.
  5. Black_diamond

Black_diamond New Member

6. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

Which sbf are you given? Im thinking your problem lies within sbf but i need more info to fiqure it out. What sbf did you flash? The sprecovery, or a whole 2.1 sbf, etc...?
  7. mcalhoun

mcalhoun New Member

I'm thinking with all the new activations of Droid X's and D2's Verizon is having issues with the automated activation servers. You must do it manually but you have to know which roaming market you are in.
  8. pledf420

pledf420 New Member

I already have the codes for my phone and I have the access to user programming menu the only thing I can see that has anything to do with US cellular is in the test mobile menu after u enable the test and scroll through it says I am using us celluar band and my wifes droid says the same thing (her phone hasn't been touched). Is not getting any hdr connection during test.
  9. zenman77

zenman77 New Member

After having the same problem I had to call Verizon and they showed me how to manually update through a series of codes.......
  10. pledf420

pledf420 New Member

I'll give it another try. Last time they couldn't get it.
  11. sriram

sriram New Member

Hi,
    I am also getting the same. I want to use the phone with Reliance cdma india. I am also getting welcome to reliance and then there is a message that cannot activate the phone so please help by telling how you activated it manually through programming menu. Please help me I am struggling a lot with this. Should I get something min, mdn etc from my operator to activate it manually if so please tell me what are the things required and how should I do it. I will be thankful if you help me with this.
Search tags for this page

cannot active my us cellular phone after custom rom

droid x custom firmware and cannot activate

installed rom now wont activate us cellular