Cannot access recovery on LGB 1.4

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by nevilos, Mar 15, 2011.

1. nevilos

nevilos New Member

OK. Once again im having problems. I have 1.4 and i was wanting to go to 1.42. I made a backup this morning, Put the file on the memory card, and went to reboot in recovery with clockworkmods and it jus stays hung on the M logo. My phone jus wont get into recovery. I tried by holding x, holdin power button and selecting recovery, and in rom manager boot into recovery. All do the same thing. I also tried to restore my phone to a older backup and does the same..... I uninstalled CWM and tried to install RZR Recovery and phone turned off and did the same thing... Tried to restore phone to defaults and did the same.... I reflash CWM to droid and still nothing... Always have to battery pull and start phone back up into 1.4.... gettin friggin frustrated. plz help...

I also jus booted up 1.42 on a friends phone so i know the ROM is fine... jus my phone is retarded.
  2. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

It sounds like you lost your custom recovery image, a relatively common phenomenon when working with Clockwordmod. When you say you uninstalled cwm and installed rzr what do you mean? Did you flash rzr with an sbf?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. nevilos

nevilos New Member

In LGB 1.4 in the "goodies" tweak options it lets you "install" Rzr recovery... told it yes and it shut off and went to the M logo and jus stuck there.
  4. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

That's because the way that install menu works is it downloads the file as "update.zip" to the root of your sd card, then boots you into recovery to install it. Since your recovery is gone it won't work. Try reflashing clockworkmod or spr from Rom Manager, if that doesn't work you may have to SBF

5. nevilos

nevilos New Member

ya i reflashed a bajillion times.... What would make it start doing this all of a sudden? and how do you use SBF?
  6. nevilos

nevilos New Member

You said, "you lost your custom recovery image" Where exactly is that located? Isn't it on my sd card? couldnt i jus format sdcard and restore default my phone and start all over?
  7. hoppermi

hoppermi New Member

Did you try to flash an older version of cwr, yet? Using rom manager last tab at the bottom.
  8. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

No, your recovery image is located on the phone not the sd card. SBF's are flashed using RSD Lite. You can find clockwork, spr, and rzr sbfs in the rzr recovery link in my sig.