Cannot access "Music" after Verizon jellybean Bionic update 4/20/2013

lgtrumpet

Reaction score
I cannot access my "Music" after Jellybean installed on my Bionic after Verizon update. The icon on my home screen disappeared and all I have is "Play Music". Did that take the place of my "old" music app? If so, why do my original playlist have no tunes listed? Using the "file" app, I can see some tunes in my "music" file on SD card. Can I get my old Music app back? I have done three soft resets and nothing (music app) returns to my home screen. I have over 800 music files according to the"File" app, and Astro File app shows the same. What am I missing here?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
What was the name of the app? If you can't get that specific one back you should be able to download another one from the playstore.

OP
lgtrumpet

lgtrumpet

Reaction score
What was the name of the app? If you can't get that specific one back you should be able to download another one from the playstore.

It was the original app that was on the phone. Just plain "Music" is all it said on the icon.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Sorry stupid question, but have you looked through your app drawer? I can't imagine they would have gotten rid of it.

OP
lgtrumpet

lgtrumpet

Reaction score
Yes, I looked at "All Apps" and downloaded as well, looked in settings, manage apps too.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Hmm. Well at this point, in "play music" if you click the settings icon at the top, "..." or the menu button on your device if you dont have the on screen option it should say "choose on device music."

If that doesn't work, I would just download a player from the app store.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard!

Were you able to resolve your issue?

OP
lgtrumpet

lgtrumpet

Reaction score
Hmm. Well at this point, in "play music" if you click the settings icon at the top, "..." or the menu button on your device if you dont have the on screen option it should say "choose on device music."

If that doesn't work, I would just download a player from the app store.[/QUOTE

Thanks GoCiffGo5 . I followed your instructions and within a few minutes figured out how to use play music. Obviously,I must have been absent when they said this was taking the pla e of the original music app. Only now I seem to have duplicates of some music files. HVe not figured that out yet........

OP
lgtrumpet

lgtrumpet

Reaction score

If that doesn't work, I would just download a player from the app store.

Well, moving on.... now to figure out why my moto dock does not work since jellybean update. $50 for a dock I now cannot use! Also, battery use is up now, and phone seems to run slower! Geeeeze! ???????

Last edited:

pdoyle

Reaction score
music sync issues ever since jellybean update

Hope you can help advise...motocast usb i was very happy with under ICS, but it worked only sporadically after JB update; i tried FDR. I tried using google music play; but it didn't retain the music on the SD card I asked it to. Tried Rocket Player; which worked for few weeks, but then lost all its music.nothing shows; and the phone doesn't seem to recognize the external SD card. Only shows option of storage on internal 8GB storage. Then I tried Media monkey; can't figure out how to sync or transfer music files. Yesterday while playing a 125 song playlist with rocket player, it froze; then indicated there was no playlist, and no songs whatsoever on the phone.
Now I"m having trouble syncing music from Google play; using wifi; transfer interrupted after 15 music files. still not showing external SD card. Though I had best experience with stock player and motocast USB transfer and sync; I will try using google play music again, but it seemed to delete, or not recognize my music on externalSD card. internal storage only totals 8 GB. Can I use external 64
GB micro sd card like I could under ICS? thanks

Last edited: