Can you turn off start-up sound on R2D2/D2/D2G?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by me4droid, Jan 17, 2011.

1. me4droid

me4droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a way to silence the start-up notification? It's not too annoying on the D2G, but the R2D2 is really loud and obvious. If you want to turn on your phone unobtrusively it's impossible with these start-up sounds.

I've tried searching these forums for the answer, and apologize if it's been answered before.

I can put phone on vibrate and silence all other sounds, but still get the start-up sound.

Help, please!

2. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen several threads on several different forums, and it seems nobody has managed to turn the R2D2 sounds off.

3. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are a few different methods depending on what kind of phone you have. Here are a couple suggestions:

Download Silent Boot from the market and install it to your internal storage. Open the program up and select Enable Silent Boot. Turn off your phone and turn it back on. If it works then there you go. If not, try this:

Go to Settings > Sound & Display > System Volume and reduce it to 0

If you do not have this setting or System Volume in Sound & Display then please try this:

Go to the market and download Quick Settings. Install to internal storage and look for your Volumes and you should see a System Volumes. Adjust that to 0.

And lastly and optional:

Being rooted with a custom ROM will take care of that problem after you've rooted your phone and flashed a custom ROM.

Search tags for this page
disable r2d2 xbox noise
how do i mute r2d2 on my droid 2
how to get droid r2d2 sound silent
how to silence droid r2d2
how to turn off power up sound on droid 2
how to turn off r2d2 on droid

how to turn off startup sound on droid r2d2

r2d2 how to start up
silence r2d2 start up sound
turn off r2d2 startup sound