1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can you tell me if you like this phone??? A short review please?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by ICE17N24, Aug 29, 2012.

1. ICE17N24

ICE17N24 New Member

UPDATE: My wife was having problems with the Galaxy S3 that is why she didn't like it. We returned it to Verizon and they gave her a new phone at the store, after demanding to talk to the Regional manager. No reburb one since the phone was only 30 days old and it had not worked right since she got it. Once she got the new Galaxy S3 it worked great and now she loves it. Must have been a bad phone. I also got the S 3 and love it. I appreciate your help and your comments, they made me fight harder for my wife to get a NEW replacement S III. I sincerely appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Dana

My wife and I had OG Droids. She upgraded to the Galaxy s 3. She doesn't like it and I am going to take it. She looked at the Charge and is wanting to get it. She doesn't use the phone much except for calling, text, and a little internet .044GB a month or so. I have read several reviews at cnet and other places. I trust the people here and would like for you to give a quick review. It doesn't have to be any thing long, even a short phrase will suffice.... Phone sucks! or Decent phone! Or if you want to give me anything longer it is appreciated.

She does use thephone a bunch for the above mentioned things so battery life is EXTREMELY important. She has to have the phone battery last at least 6 to 8 hours.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Dana
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. DoctorV

DoctorV Member

My wife and my friend both have the Charge and I think it's a solid phone. My friend hasn't really had any issues with it however my wife has been getting some quirks with it. She's had it for about a year now. After about 5 months of use she has been getting error messages when using her keyboard about 0-3 times a day. Now after about a year she's been having an issue with the phone rebooting randomly. My wife's Charge is completely stock where as my friend has a Gummy Charge ROM installed so my wife just may have to either factory reset her phone or go with Gummy Charge to resolve her issues.

Specs wise it's ok. It's got a single core 1ghz processor and can use a 4G signal if it's in your area. The Charge's battery is typical for a smartphone. It can make it through your work day with moderate use but will probably need to be charged when you get home.

If battery life is the number one importance then I would go with a Bionic with an extended battery or if your wife wants a slimmer phone with excellent battery life then the Razr Maxx is what I would recommend but it will be more expensive. Specs wise they are almost identical with dual core processors (1ghz Bionic, 1.2ghz Razr), 1GB of RAM and 4G capable. The Razr Maxx currently has an ICS update where as the Bionic is planned to have an ICS update very soon.
  3. toperm

toperm New Member

I have had the Charge for 9 months. The only problem is the radio is not that strong. I live in a low signal area and I get one bar. Does drop calls on certain parts of the house. Outside is no problem..Only get 3g st home. 4g works great when I am in range. I am looking forward to Max. Oh, battery is typical, which means not so great. Have a charger with you.
  4. ICE17N24

ICE17N24 New Member

Thank you for your responses. The battery issue is so hard to understand. There are so many factors to it. I have looked at the Max and regular rzr. The only thing I do not like about those is that you can't put in a spare battery without voiding your warranty. Freaking STUPID. I am trying to talk her into the Nexus since the charge was named in that suit. Anyway thank you so much I really appreciate y'all taking the time to respond.
    Thanks
    Dana
  5. symbiontsoul

symbiontsoul New Member

I have a droid charge and droid Bionic. I love the screen on the charge vs the bionic. the charge will never get ICS but its a solid phone for a typical user. If you're going to be a power user I'd go with something that has a dual core. as far as signal goes, I have never had an issue except in one location where I was on a trip it didn't hold 4g well. Most likely location was the issue. other than that it has never dropped. Pictures turn out great too on the charge. I've never had an issue with battery life. I do have to charge it everynight though. Hope this helps.

6. t35rk

t35rk New Member

I wouldn't touch this if it was on a contract. Used for about $75, then maybe if I was desperate.
  7. music life

music life Member

How is the camcorder? Im looking to possibly get the charge used to replace my X2 Bc I literally cannot use my X2 anymore.

X2 constantly force closes things and is way to laggy even after i put CM7 on it. I need something I can actually use until january when my contract is upgradeable.

Its either this or a thunderbolt bc im trying to spend under 100 dollars. So which is better?
  8. symbiontsoul

symbiontsoul New Member

charge over thunderbolt hands down

9. music life

music life Member

Did you have one? If so can you shed any light on the camcorder/music subject? Like are they laggy or have any other problems?

10. symbiontsoul

symbiontsoul New Member

Yeah I have one. Video is good. I have no issues with it. I use Poweramp for music and it sounds great.
  11. wvdroidman

wvdroidman New Member

stay away from thunderbolt. I have one and regretted it from day one. Should have took it back but it was the ONLY 4g phone at the time plus I already sold my original droid.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  12. arharris

arharris New Member

The Charge is a great phone and the screen is the best out there bar none. The problem is, the great screen EATS up the battery. It is so good that you want to keep brightness turned up and that makes it worse. I would wait for the Droid Razr Max HD