Can you root OTA ICS?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by xPlatinum-Androidx, Oct 24, 2012.

1. xPlatinum-Androidx

Ratings:
    +1
    So I was already having trouble installing the OTA ICS but fixed it by getting completely getting rid of Safestrap. So I install ICS and then I realize I didn't root my phone after having removed Safestrap. Am I going to have to FXZ to .905 again and re-do everything or can I root the Bionic while I'm already on ICS?

2. lm2

lm2 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I believe you can root 246 with a tool called Razr's Edge. But search to confirm.

3. xPlatinum-Androidx

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe that's Motofail and I was able to root my phone with that in Gingerbread. But for some reason in ICS the daemon is started succesfully and then nothing happens.

4. lm2

lm2 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I was remembering this: "Use [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Razr's[/FONT][/FONT] Edge to root ICS. Motofail is for GB." http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/227320-root-official-246-a.html#post2309440

5. xPlatinum-Androidx

Ratings:
    +1
    #5 xPlatinum-Androidx, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  6. 06yfz

06yfz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  7. xPlatinum-Androidx

Ratings:
    +1
    After trying to FXZ back to .905 and failing miserably because I think you can't, I gave RAZR's Edge one more try and IT WORKED!!

Now..my problem lies with Recovery. Everytime I enter recovery I see a android laying down with a bright red triangle so it probably means there's a problem. Prior to getting root, I cleared cache and did a factory reset but now after root I still have that image on my phone. My phone works fine but I don't want this to become an issue in the future. Any know how to diagnose or fix it? This occured AFTER I tried FXZ'ing 905 through RSD Lite because after I did that I got a welcome screen but from ICS, NOT Gingerbread.

Search tags for this page
bionic root ics
droid bionic ics root ota
ice cream sandwich ota root
roor bionic ics

root bionic ics ota

root bionoc ics ota
what is root ota ics