Can you recommend an OBD II Reader for Android?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I am looking for an OBD II reader for android. Preferably BT. Can anyone recommend one. What features does it have? Where did you get it?

icewood

Reaction score
I have used this OBD app previously on Symbian phone. I was very pleased to notice they now have it on Android since I bought Android phone too. It's running smooth on my Samsung phone and I like the clear user interface. The dashboard could be better but I guess they will improve it soon.

takaburon

Reaction score
I am looking for an OBD II reader for android. Preferably BT. Can anyone recommend one. What features does it have? Where did you get it?

OBDlink MX is the best Bluetooth obd adapter available on the market. It is the fastest. you can read sensor's data flawlessly. It is pricey, though.
A budget one is AGPtek super mini, it is the smallest. You can see a comparison here.

laulan

Reaction score
Maybe this A1 Diagnositc Scanner on Android can help you, it has more features, can work on mobile phone, tablet PC, laptop and home PC, and support android, windows XP, also support all OBDII cars, support OBD and CANBUS protocol, it can be easy online update and so on. This A1 diagnostic scanner come from china ADSscan company, you can search it from google, we support all kinds of excellent products.

Taylor1254

Reaction score
I bought a CARAPP V200 Bluetooth obd ii scanner(Through bluetooth connection) from alibaba,It supports Apple and Android operating system,Work very well,Now I could be to deal with some problems and great sense of accomplishment

felix0693

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
s4

Check out "eCar Pro" for OBD2 and Car on Google play. This is one of the better obd2 scan tools for android that I have used. It not only checks and displays engine fault codes but has a lot of other great features (too many to list). You also need to buy a cheap obd2 connector (bluetooth device that connects into the car's OBD port). They list a few in their Google Play description like BAFX or Vgate, and are usually less than $20. For all the info that I can get from this app, its was way better than the handheld scan tools that cost over 50 bucks. Definitely the best bang for your buck..

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I just ordered a cheap one on amazon. It was only 10 bucks and free shipping. I'll let you know when I get it if it works well. Its Bluetooth.

Reactions: CJM

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
A couple cheap ones on Amazon work for my needs, along with the TorquePro App. Look at your port to decide between the regular size and the mini, if too long in can be unsafe to use while driving by interfering with your feet and the brakes etc.