Can you recommend a good call-blocking app?

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello,

I'm looking for an app which actually blocks calls -- sending them to voicemail doesn't count in my book.

I know of only two apps that do this: PrivacyStar, which apparently doesn't work well on HTC phones running Jelly Bean, and Mr. Number, whose people apparently don't believe in responding to questions*.

If anyone can suggest a good call-blocking app, I'd love to hear about it. Thank you very much!

[*] Specifically, I sent Mr. Number a question asking why they needed certain permissions. And then I re-sent it twice more. Finally, they only responded roughly a month and a half after I first emailed them, and their reply didn't even cover much of what I'd asked about.

Jeff Deutsch

DroidTM

Reaction score
Mr. Number in the Google play, great call blocking app. Blocks calls and text from who me you choose and you can have it auto hang up so you don't get any annoying voice mails either. When you use it just don't forget to notifications off in its settings so you don't get a pop up.

OP
JeffreyDeutsch
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello DroidTM,

Thank you very much for your response.

Did you see the mentions of Mr. Number in my question above? Please scroll up and re-read it, and I'd be glad to "hear" what you think about it.

Cheers,

Jeff Deutsch

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
There is a program you can get from Google Play Store called Extreme Call Blocker which will do what you're asking. It gives you a multitude of options on how you want it to respond to calls.

Sent from my GSM Note 2, using TapaTalk.

OP
JeffreyDeutsch
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello UltraDroid,

Thank you very much for your response.

Given what you said, I read Extreme Call Blocker's manual...until I got to Known Issues. Apparently, Extreme Call Blocker won't work on unrooted HTC phones running Jelly Bean. My DNA -- complete with Jelly Bean -- is unrooted and will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

If you know of any other apps that can do what I want as above, please let me know.

Meanwhile, thanks again...and keep up the good work!

Jeff Deutsch