Can you really notice a difference between the gnex. Vs razr's screen??

305rev305

Reaction score
I have the gnex but I'm thinking of getting the maxx due to its battery but I don't want to suffer lack of beautiful screen....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I personally thought the razr's screen was a dealbreaker. The green tint bugged the heck out of me.

mach330

Reaction score
for me it was night a day. not even close comparison compare to the gnex or rezound. check them out and see if it's ok with u.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
and if battery life is a concern why not just buy a spare and carry that around. What if your maxx runs out of battery, then you're really screwed if you're not near a charger

texas200

Reaction score
I personally thought the razr's screen was a dealbreaker. The green tint bugged the heck out of me.

I use an app "screen adjuster" to correct the tint. How can anyone stand not being able to use your phone without having a charger or battery close by? I am loving the only phone able to handle 4g power!

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx (with plenty of 4g battery power left)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use an app "screen adjuster" to correct the tint. How can anyone stand not being able to use your phone without having a charger or battery close by? I am loving the only phone able to handle 4g power!

No need an app to make the screen look good on the Nexus:p

Alot of people are on the go. Judging by the OP's past threads this seems to be the case for him which is why he's considering switching. However if this is the case I don't think switching to the Maxx would be the best solution. If I were in his shoes I'd pick up a spare battery, just my .02 though

texas200

Reaction score
No need an app to make the screen look good on the Nexus:p

Alot of people are on the go. Judging by the OP's past threads this seems to be the case for him which is why he's considering switching. However if this is the case I don't think switching to the Maxx would be the best solution. If I were in his shoes I'd pick up a spare battery, just my .02 though

Yea, instead of having a phone that just works I would recommend just having a pocket full of batteries. (The app takes up less room)

Both phones are good I just think the maxx is just the only phone that can handle the 4g power.

Try to run a speed test or benchmark with both phones and let me know how it goes. (After you change out your battery)

I use my phone a lot and wouldn't own a phone that I had to run on 3g and shutoff data just to get it to last 1/2 as long as it should.

texas200

Reaction score
And to answer the original question, go to Verizon and look at the screen for yourself, but remember to turn up the brightness on the maxx, and don't worry it will not kill the battery.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yea, instead of having a phone that just works I would recommend just having a pocket full of batteries. (The app takes up less room)

Both phones are good I just think the maxx is just the only phone that can handle the 4g power.

Try to run a speed test or benchmark with both phones and let me know how it goes. (After you change out your battery)

I use my phone a lot and wouldn't own a phone that I had to run on 3g and shutoff data just to get it to last 1/2 as long as it should.

I'm not sayin the Razr is a bad phone, it's a great phone. However, this isn't the first thread the OP made about battery life. If he's on his phone that often, no matter which 4g phone he gets it'll get drained. The reason I recommend carrying a spare is because I'm guessing he's not near a charger most of the day. Having a spare means he can enjoy the phone he likes now without having to go through the process of switching and possibly not enjoying a Razr.

Speed test and benchmarks are nothing but a test. In a real world situation/use the phones are almost identical in speed, from my experience. And as a Nexus owner I can tell you I have my phone last all day on 4g, I am rooted and ROMed however and I don't htink the OP is

OP
305rev305

305rev305

Reaction score
Dez, I have an extra 2100 battery... Can you direct me on where can I buy a charger where I can charge both batteries at the same time? I hate to be changing batteries at my house in order to charge each batteries... Tks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Something like this should help: Amazon.com: Samsung ETC-CPK008GSTA Verizon Galaxy Nexus Battery Charger Kit - Cradle - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

e
dit: Would you ever consider rooting and ROMing or would you just like to leave it stock? Stock the battery wasn't too bad, but yes it does take quite a bit of battery, especially if your OS isn't properly going to sleep. Check your Android OS awake time in your battery settings. If you do have this bug a good way is to just let the screen turn off by itself and not manually.

ROMing had a significant incrtease in battery for me

JaylisJayP

Reaction score
I've been phone shopping for a month or so now and have been in the Verizon store 3 times...every time I try to convince myself the Maxx is the phone for me but because of the screen it'll never happen. It's just bad compared to the Nexus/Rezound and Spectrum...not that I'm buying any of those phones, either, honestly. But the Maxx's screen is no better than my current X2 in my opinion. That's the Maxx's fatal flaw...a really average screen. If you're up for an upgrade like me, I'd just wait for a better selection of 720p screens (actually I want larger than 4.3-inch as well)...or keep praying the Galaxy S 3 and it's 1080p screen comes to Verizon :)

Htown315

Reaction score

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330907732362.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330907732362.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 226

Htown315

Reaction score
Did you mean like this?
Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330907795080.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1330907795080.png